Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-29-2004, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

pretty overrated from what I can tell...you'd be better off buying a Ferris or Dixie for those hills and for speed and quality
Old 03-29-2004, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

you should wait Davis and not buy one....when the price is that low, it should be a red flag
Old 03-29-2004, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Red flag? I think that they just paid to be on a Nextel Cup car, Does that sound like they are in any kind of trouble.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Founder

Chevyman,

Didn't you JUST get your first Dixie around the first of this month ... you run a part-time business right?

Have you had any use or mechanical experience with BadBoy? Since you just got your new DC I would think you don't have much experience with DC, let alone BadBoy.

I see in another of your posts you even called Gravely "junk" ...
"don't goof around with Gravely...it's junk...." You seem to have a habit of down talking any product that you have not directly invested in....

You are not permitted to comment on the value, validity, or effectiveness of any products unless you have owned or used (at great length) that particular piece of equipment.

When people ask about the equipment you own ... give them feedback about exactly what you know about your equipment and experiences. When someone asks about another mfg product... don't compare it to your equipment unless they ask for a comparison and you have detailed facts about both units.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2004, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am certainly permittied to talk about the value of any product I so choose. I am basing this on my own experience, what dealers and people tell me, what I read, consumer reports, other landscapers in the Northeast, and common sense. Consumer reports will tell you much about these subjects. Yes I do it part time, but I have been also around this for 10 years +, and grew up on a 1,000 cow dairy farm, where you learn alot about machinery. There are other good mowers, all I am saying is pound for pound what seems to be the best when pooling all the resources dude. I would appreciate you not personally attacking me, thank sir
Old 03-29-2004, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

sounds good bayou, best of luck this year man!
Old 03-29-2004, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the constructive critisism Chuck, but I do tend to know what I'm talking about. I will refrain from totally bashing some stuff in the future
Old 03-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Founder

"I am certainly permittied to talk about the value of any product I so choose."

No, your not. Not according to Sean's rules. If you don't like Sean's rules, take that up with him.

"I am basing this on my own experience, what dealers and people tell me, what I read, consumer reports, other landscapers in the Northeast, and common sense. Consumer reports will tell you much about these subjects. Yes I do it part time, but I have been also around this for 10 years +, and grew up on a 1,000 cow dairy farm, where you learn alot about machinery. There are other good mowers, all I am saying is pound for pound what seems to be the best when pooling all the resources dude."

So, have you owned or used (at great length) BadBoy equipment? If not, you are not permitted to express opinions about their value, validity, or effectiveness. Hearsay is worthless.

Of course you think the products you invested in are the best.. hands down.. the best... That gets into the ole Chevy vs Ford debate.

"I would appreciate you not personally attacking me, thank sir"

You really feel like my post was an attack? I don't think so and that was not my intention.

"thanks for the constructive critisism Chuck"

I was not criticizing... I was just reminding you of the rules and making future posting suggestions.

"but I do tend to know what I'm talking about. "

Like I said.... stick to Seans rules and only express opinions or statements about equipment you own or use at great extent.

"I will refrain from totally bashing some stuff in the future"

Thanks
Old 03-29-2004, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chevyman1
what you really need to look at with these guys is the "fluff" they surround their mowers with...the image and advertising is cool and all, but when you get to it, they are hard to work on, not many can work on them...the 25 HP bad boy uses like 12 HP to run the tractor, and 13HP for the deck....the Dixie with the 27HP uses 21HP for the deck! that means higher RPM's and a cleaner cut...plus, other than engine work, anyone can work on a Dixie
I had a Scag dealer tell me that Dixie's are a pain to work on. Said you gotta cut the lifetime warranted frame to get at anything?!?! I looked at the Dixie's and that seems hard to believe. I guess the moral is take everything with a grain of salt, and don't believe everything you hear.

At the risk of sounding like a kissa$&, I don't think Chuck is personnally attacking you, just reminding you of the posting guidelines.

"Blue eyed boy meets a brown eyed girl.... oh oh oh the sweetest thing"
Old 03-29-2004, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry Chuck, guess you hit "submit" before me

"Blue eyed boy meets a brown eyed girl.... oh oh oh the sweetest thing"