Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-29-2004, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

"I have and will continue to post anything about any piece of equipment I so choose, whether I've owned it or not....I am telling you what mulitple sources have said...this is the USA, not Iraq"

No, this is not USA OR IRAQ. This is LawnSite.com, owned by Sean Adams. He makes the rules and members that don't or refuse to follow them will be banned from using his site.

I don't want you to lose your member privileges but you must follow the rules. You can contact Sean via email or phone (412) 801-8888.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:26 PM
Founder

"I have and will continue to post anything about any piece of equipment I so choose, whether I've owned it or not....I am telling you what mulitple sources have said...this is the USA, not Iraq"

No, this is not USA OR IRAQ. This is LawnSite.com, owned by Sean Adams. He makes the rules and members that don't or refuse to follow them will be banned from using his site.

I don't want you to lose your member privileges but you must follow the rules. You can contact Sean via email or phone (412) 801-8888.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

what? you are telling Sean on me? Sean and I have spoke off line in the past....yes there are rules, and I got in trouble for swearing...but I can certainly comment on products, it's a DISCUSSION FORUM, not a Nazi concentration camp.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by chevyman1
what? you are telling Sean on me? Sean and I have spoke off line in the past....yes there are rules, and I got in trouble for swearing...but I can certainly comment on products, it's a DISCUSSION FORUM, not a Nazi concentration camp.
Telling Sean on you? I'm to busy to be a Rat and Sean is to busy to police every decision administration makes. If I make a business/community decision and Sean does not agree with me he will simply reverse my decision.

"but I can certainly comment on products"

Yes, you can comment on products that you own or have used in great extent. PERIOD

", it's a DISCUSSION FORUM, not a Nazi concentration camp."

Yes, this is a discussion forum.... a private business owned by Sean Adams. Sean makes the rules.. if you can't follow the rules.. your gone. PERIOD.

Side note:
How on earth could you compare following the rules of a privately owned business and a Nazi concentration camp.? My grandfather was front-line infantry in Germany WWII and also helped clean up the concentration camps ... he took many pictures and kept a very detailed journal. He told me stories, showed me the pictures, and let me read his journals .... through all that I can't find a single reference to following a forum posting guideline and the Nazi concentration camps.

Just imagine ... if persons like my Grandfather had not fought for this freedom and Hitler won his 1000 years of terror there would prolly not even be a Internet to use and the choice of free enterprise where business persons like Sean can run his own business and make his own business rules.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
You are not permitted to comment on the value, validity, or effectiveness of any products unless you have owned or used (at great length) that particular piece of equipment.
But you will get bashed/flamed for commenting on them even then. I ran Walker mowers for years, but whenever I post anything negative about them several members jump all over me.

I also disagree with the rule that you have to own/operate a piece of equipment before you are allowed to comment on it. It does not take a veterinarian to know a horse's butt when he sees one. I can tell a piece of junk without having owned it.

Not saying BadBoy mowers are junk. I have never seen one in person.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:17 AM

That particular rule exists for a lot of different reasons.... not to merely discourage people from giving their opinion....

A lot of people use this forum - both those who participate as well as those who simply read. The written word can be a powerful thing, to put it mildly.

The way a piece of equipment looks is about the only thing someone should be able to comment on if they have never really used or extensively tested the machine. It's not fait to the manufacturers (not just the sponsors of this site), and it isn't fait to the users of this forum.

But this does not need to turn into a discussion of Nazi Concentration Camps and the 1st Ammendment.... That may be going a bit far.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed, I will just continue to post my OPINION on equiptment all the time, thanks
Old 04-01-2004, 04:49 PM

You are more than welcome to post your opinion. But again, going back to the rules.....if your OPINION of something is not based on use, ownership, etc.... it is not an opinion, it is merely a statement. The reason this is a problem is because this is an industry forum. People are here to give and get advice to help them with their business. If you are posting things that are unfounded, what good does that do for the community?
Old 04-06-2004, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Chevyman1.....

Let me be the first one to bid you adieu.

And all that "idiot" talk. My, my.... I thought only wingers like myself did that....

-GreenT

Old 07-11-2004, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Member

well said. i doubt there are many "BAD" mowers. a dealer once told me he didnt speak negatively concerning other dealers products because there just really not any bad products out there for the simple reason the manufacturer wouldn't/couldn't stay in business producing a below par commercial cutter very long without going under. different people have different opionons, as well as applacations for their equipment.