Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-30-2004, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Member

new business

Hey everyone new to the site and lookin for some help. Here it goes. I am starting out finally and have everything in order except for one important thing -clients! I dont know how to gain clentele in my area. If anyone has any Ideas or advice in how to accomplish my goals that would be great!!!.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Member

srx1211.. I can fully understand your position. I am new to this business as well but here are my plans. I plan on stopping one of the guys handing out flyers in the neighbor hood and giving them some cash to hand out some flyers along with the other stufff they are handing out. Also, doing freinds, coworks family member or even neighbors to get you name out all work. I am currnlty doing both my neighbors and one yard across the street. No travel time means easy money not to mention you are getting your name out close to where you live. Street Signs shoud alsowork (check local laws on placing them) well. Put business cards at local car washes. I am working deal right now with a local car wash to let me put a sign up that states I handle the lawn care for them.

I can say for sure what works best but I can say that not all methods that work for one will work for all. You have to try a bit of it all to see what the market is like. I also suggest magnetic signs for your truck. This will let people know who you are when you do have clients.

Good Luck
Old 03-31-2004, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi srx1211,

Quite often here you will see discussed LCO's handing out flyers on the weekends and introducing themselves to potential customers.