Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-12-2004, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Groundcover Solutions
In my extremly biased openion the blown in mulch looks much better than hand applied. Much more even and if properly cleaned up the edge is great and the beds are more evenly distributed with mulch thus giving better coverage by fewer yards saving you time and money. (sorry for the sales pitch)
Not a sales pitch at all...it's the truth.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad you feel that way Scraper!!!! Glad to help in any way I can with a little advice!
Old 04-19-2004, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I will post some pictures of jobs that were just done over the past day by my service. I just have to take them this week when out. All said and done they blew 60 some yards for me and it is way better than I could've done by hand, they used less mulch than I would've, and we both made good $$$! All I had to do was get everything ready. No more mulching 40 yard properties.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

got any photos yet scraper???? Just cereious to see some of the other companies work.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Have a question.. If you sub the larger jobs out to a mulch blowing company, and the customer realizes it, what keeps the customer from calling the blowing company directly next time, bypassing the landscaper? I know a lot of customers that are smart enough to think of that. Don't want to run yourself out of business.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

$900 for 30 yards with a wheelbarrow...... WOW.....that seems really low to pay 3 guys and and make 3 trips with a truck........

Derek

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' - Barack Obama
Old 04-30-2004, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I personally have a strict rule against taking any business away from my landscaper clients. This is one of the biggest issues I thought of when I started this business. In my opinion, it is definitely not worth my reputation by bypassing my landscaper clients. I would not want to be treated that way, and I do not expect my landscaper clients would appreciate me being their competition on these mulch jobs. Also, I cannot offer the other services that really need to be done in conjunction with mulching (edging, removal of existing mulch if needed, pre-emergent, etc.).
Old 05-08-2004, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am with Jkelton on this one. We do not take work away from our contractors. We will not do any commercial jobs unless we are subed out for them. Residentials we will do on the other hand but we do check to see if they use a lawn care company or any other service that one of our cliantes my be providing them with. Also we do not even begine to focuse on residintals untill all of our contracted work from our landscapers is done. tipicaly around june. Pluse as Jkelton said we do not offer the other services that are tipicaly done when the mulch is applied. We are in the business of productivity and we only clean up the mess that we create. Most of our landscapers will come in before us and clean out the beds and re-edge them if they need it. That is how we work and i would imagen most blower companies would work the same way, or else they will be hurting themselves in the long run.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Member

I laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by D Felix
62 yards isn't that big.... Try over 200 on one residential job.

Did that one about 2 years ago for my former employer. All edging done by hand, many straight, and I mean STRAIGHT edges had to be cut. We were there about a week with a crew of 8-10 guys and three trucks.

Nothing like backing a crew cab F450 across the yard leapfrogging plywood as it moves... Don't miss that at all!

But, I haven't had to do that recently. 62 yards is a big one, good luck with it!

Dan
try 325 at my house, my dad wants the hill mulched at 3-4inches, what a PITA. i going to die this summer. one skidsteer, a couple of wheelbarrows and some shovels. sounds like fun huh?