Old 11-29-2000, 08:11 AM
MOW ED's Avatar
MOW ED MOW ED is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: N.E. Wisconsin
Posts: 5,027
I have these small flying bugs in the house that are aggarvating the crap out of me. They appear to be like fruit flies but they buzz the computer screen. They also seem to be in the bathrooms. I do not know what they are. They do not bite or land on humans and they are easy to smash on the monitor screen but I would like to irradicate them if possible.
Can anyone help?
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2000, 08:20 PM
bob's Avatar
bob bob is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: DE
Posts: 4,256
They might be knats. Or sometimes on fruit or in house plants you'll find small flying insects. Check those.

If you choked a Smurf, what color would it turn?

I'd give my right hand , if I could be ambidextrous!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2000, 12:27 AM
Wooly Wooly is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: N CA.
Posts: 8
If they are flying around you could use a commercially available product for space spraying, or "total release bomb". Always read the label and remember that proper control starts with identification. If they are definitly not flies they probably have some connection with standing water. outdoor planter, crawlspace under house. Any time you need help in Identification get a sample and mail to Co. extension or Ag dept. Usually they will assist without charge.
Sorry for rambling on.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Grand View Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:56 AM.

Page generated in 0.05924 seconds with 8 queries