Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-20-2004, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Catos

I have a 16' Isuzu NPR diesel. I don't like the idea of losing all of the storage space that a dove tail takes away, so I'd highly recommend getting a truck with a normal box on it and installing a set of ramps like mine on it. You'll absolutely love having this set up. Just ask the other guys on here that run rigs like this.

To see pics of my set up, go to the post titled "My cuttin' rig."

I see that N1alx is still at it, even after I tore his uninformed argument apart last time. His attacks on Japanese trucks are pretty tiresome. It's pretty obvious that he doesn't know any more about trucks, than he knows about fornicating with a pretty woman.

Vic
Old 04-27-2004, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yeah just can't wait till International comes out with their new CF cabover trucks for 2005....Sorry Vic, I have been growing up in a truck family, we only have about 200...
Old 04-27-2004, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Like I said 200 trucks, and they are abused more than any landscape truck will ever come close to. And we have tried all of the Japanese trucks, and they don't even come close to the American trucks in quality, durability, and overall performance.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

But after all, I don't ever know what I am talking about, I am just a teen.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

n1alx what biz is your family in? just asking
Redmax EB-7001
6x12 trailer
Echo PB 200 Handheld Blower
7hp Toro Snow Commander
5hp Briggs pump
Tanaka 26" Hedge trimmers
Kee Bed Edger
Honda Tiller
Old 04-27-2004, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Fwiw...My best friend owns a plumbing & HVAC company and they have about 40 diesel NPR's. He said over the last 40 years he has gone through every box truck made and won't own anything but an Izuzu.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by n1alx
A wise man once said: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" Give up while you have a chance!
Old 04-29-2004, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Hey for once you're right!!
Old 05-02-2004, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by n1alx
Like I said 200 trucks, and they are abused more than any landscape truck will ever come close to. And we have tried all of the Japanese trucks, and they don't even come close to the American trucks in quality, durability, and overall performance.
I value and respect anyone who has used and abused over 200 trucks, as you say you have. Just want to know what line of work you are in. We are all here to learn and share info, so lets keep this a friendly and informative forum.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

ALBsun1,
the reason people come to this board is to get EXPERIENCED viewpoints from other who have real hand use and information on a certain subject. What people don't know about the poster N1ALX is that he is 16 years old and HAS NOT DRIVEN ANY OF THE TRUCKS HE SPEAKS OF!!! It is not him that uses these trucks, it is a uncle that owns a trucking company in Vermont called LandAir Express. Noticed I said TRUCKING company that uses 80-90% tractor trailers. So out of these 200 so called trucks, a majority of their business is heavy trucking, not light to medium duty use that all of us who use these so called Japanese crap trucks. Lets compare apples to apples. I guess Airborne Express, Corporate Express, Staples, Ryder, and hundreds of other Forune 500 companies who use these japanese cabovers don't know what they are doing but N1alx does. That is the problem sometimes with these boards. People post on things that they have no experience with and you get alot of misinformation. An opinion is one thing, but posting like you know what you're talking about like trucks when you can barely drive is another.

Mike