Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-28-2004, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bad back and lazy a#@ is why I didnt return mine. And it gives me something to ***** about to my wife

"I mowed for 8 years before I ever started applying and I know that when I spent 5 grand for a mower I expected quality product with no down time and that is what the mower manufacturers always provided"

Thats a great point I think the PG people dont get, mostly because there the only game in town, ( few years ago ) Now that other companies are starting to jump into the ride-on fert machines, quality should get better.....I hope.

With all the down falls of the PG, ( I dont have a zspray ) It makes money, saves alittle time ( dont believe the 30% increase of prodo ) but it makes your life alot easier,

My case, 37 years old, been pushing and pulling for since I was 18 my back was just getting tired of the work, Now if I owned a larger company with 7-8 spray techs would I still own 8? Not sure about that.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

James, I hear ya on that, lol, trying keeping up with a half dozen of them! lol I've have done away with the PG belts and matched them up with an automotive equivalent belt and since have had far less problems with wearing down and slipping, (knock on wood!) I've found the same thing with the tank getting low that you need to burp the drain line of air before the system will get back to normal spraying. OH, and by the way don't be ******** with the wife, you've got a terrific family there, lol.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

James,
I had the same problem with my old PG. Try bleeding out the lines from the handle to the belt drive I believe....Then tighen the belts..That has always worked for me...best of luck