Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-08-2000, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I Plan on beginning a lawn fertilization/weed control program for my customers. I would really love to see someones detailed program that they use and what time of year they put down each application? How much do I charge for each application? What is the best way for applying each application?
Old 06-09-2000, 03:32 PM
bill phagan

Lots of questions....are you licensed to apply for turf weed control and pests? Where are you located? What type turf? Do you have spray tanks and/or speaders? Let me know, be happy to assist.
Old 06-11-2000, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Weed Control, Fescues, North Carolina, I am soon to be licensed.
Old 06-11-2000, 01:28 PM
bill phagan

Darin, first thing I'd do is look at the industry &quot;standard&quot; in your area. As an example, the big spray guys in our area do an average service to lawns and shrubs every other month. Services typically include weed control (during winter or cooler months, broadleaf only) fertilization, insect control and sometimes disease control. That's six apps per year for basically whatever needs doing. You can also tailor programs, call them &quot;executive or estate&quot; programs for more frequency and billing. Suggest you offer no programs that are less than the established system, but more can produce higher profits. You will have those folks who don't have a life, expect you have a magic wand for all their problems and provide immediate results which is not doable. Check with your local county extension service for advice or UNC or the college with the entomologists for other ideas. Your services can also include turf renov, aeration, overseeding, thatching, etc. Always try to include shrubs and other ornamentals such as small trees, etc in the program. Lawns are simpler but big profits come from woodys and trees without that much effort. Lots of info on my website under industry links. www.greenindconsulting.com.<p>Hope this helps.<p>Bill Phagan (green industry consulting, inc)
Old 06-11-2000, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you, for your advice.