Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-15-2004, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

what do they expect from me

i am about to get really into lawn care. i had a few yards i mowed, edged, and weedeated that i would do for extra cash. my construction job got slow so i threw up flyers in this neighborhood adn now picked up 7 more regulars. so now i have 10 yards. some want them mowed every week and some every 2 weeks, and some when they need it. On average i charge aroound $25.00. So what do they expect from me. For the $25.00 should i keep up the shrubbery adn flower beds and such or just mow, edge, weedeat. Should i keep up the beds adn stuff for just the weekly customers? And if so how long do i wait to make sure that they are regulars? I dont want to do it the first time i go over there and then they dont want me to come back. Thanks....
Old 05-16-2004, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I lived in Corpus Christi for 6 years, I know about the size of yards you are talking about. Myself I would mow, edge, weed eat. Anything else you be extra, you might be surprised what people are willing to pay for, you may be able to make a little extra for flower beds ect. $25.00 a yard sounds a little cheap. Must be alot of competion.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Member

tell your cust. that you will take care of the beds if you are able to mulch , stone etc. Might give you a little more work and before you do the beds charge for weed control. Treflan, weed barrier.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Member

$25 just for mowing and trimming. Anything else they need done should be added on. Although small freebies once in a while shows good customer service.