Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Magna-Matic
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Magna-Matic Lawn Mower Blade Balancers, Sharpeners, and more

Old 05-30-2004, 07:20 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Re: Meg-Mo

Quote:
Originally posted by HayBay
I know that doesn't answer the question of how to balance but I am curious too.
Actually, there's really no reason for this topic in the first place, and I'm at a loss as to why it was started.
Megmo "clearly" states his blades are self balancing, so why are we discussing this?????
Old 05-30-2004, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I prefer to Self Balance Myself...

Are you still planning to answer Magnamatic or is it a Wash?
Old 05-30-2004, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fareway Lawncare
I prefer to Self Balance Myself...
I totally agree with you, however, what does that say about megmo???? Either you like to waste a ton a time on something needless, or you have reservations like me.....
Old 05-30-2004, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The Meg Mo knives are not fixed in one place while in operation, would be very unlikely that any balancing attempt would be successful.

If you insist on 'balancing' a Meg Mo set up, you'd need to remove the knives, sharpen them, then balance them by making the weight of each of the 4 knives be the same.
That's as close as you're going to get.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Problem Solved!

There's really no Need for the knives to swing freely on the Disc as far as I can see so I Bolted them fiXed to the Disc w/just enough play in case they hit something Solid.

Balance....I simply remove 2 knives w/the Impact & Balance Away!
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2004, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Problem Solved!

There's really no Need for the knives to swing freely on the Disc as far as I can see so I Bolted them fiXed to the Disc w/just enough play in case they hit something Solid.

I will admit! with the knives bolted to the disk it would be the ultimate(hay your other banned name) double high lifts.
John
Old 05-31-2004, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Problem Solved!

Problem solved, I think not.
If you're going to balance the unit that way and not check for exact 180 degree phasing, the margin for error is so great you're better off just not bothering to balance. However, at least you took the advice from my first beginning post, where I recommend balancing each set separately, and are calling it your own. I guess imitation is the best form of flattery.
However, please help me, knowing you're just doing what I suggested, is it the thrill of thinking you're putting something over on others that keeps you on this forum, or is that at times you really are thick as a brick??? I still vote you have ADDA.

OH.... now don't forget, here's when you get to respond and pretend to be the wounded innocent helpful guy, and I'm the big bad mean and nasty guy with a complex. Come on, make me proud and do it.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
[BThere's really no Need for the knives to swing freely on the Disc as far as I can see so I Bolted them fiXed to the Disc w/just enough play in case they hit something Solid.
[/B]
Gees, there you go again. How can you seem so smart and so dumb, at the same time? I guess you don't realize the force of the blades spinning at 3,600 rpm. Next, please explain how you tighten the bolts "with just enough" free play in case they hit something. Yeah, right!
Either they are tight enough not to move, or they swing. If they don't move, they won't straight out when they spin and they will be off balance.
Ya know, please continue to "snow" most of the people on this forum, but as long as I'm here, you'll always be just another loser wanting to impress.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

It's really not that difficult...the Bolt Hole on the Blade is bigger than the on disc so I used a slightly small washer spacer & tightened the knife to the disck w/lock-nuts & Loc-Tite....If there's Heavy Impact the knife will move...

Doc you spend so much time ranting & Raving about these blades you should get some so you actually know what your talking about...
Old 06-01-2004, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
It's really not that difficult...the Bolt Hole on the Blade is bigger than the on disc so I used a slightly small washer spacer & tightened the knife to the disck w/lock-nuts & Loc-Tite....If there's Heavy Impact the knife will move...

Doc you spend so much time ranting & Raving about these blades you should get some so you actually know what your talking about...
And it makes me feel so much better that you avoided admitting you did exactly what I told you to do, and then talk about something even my 11 year old nephew would have done. Hmmmm.... let's see now, how bout' I label this scenairo #22, or the " I already have the answer, but want to see how many answers I can get, while I watch as others argue about the correct answer".
You've got about 5 or 6 of these themes.
It's a relief to know I'm finally beginning to understand why you bother with this forum.