Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-15-2004, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I forgot to tell you were I am. I'm in Westborough.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:22 AM
LawnSite Member

I have two weed=eater brand and I disagree with your dad. I will not use that other junk you call commerical. I don't have any trouble with either and I treat those two as workhorses(very hard duty)
Old 08-29-2004, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Member

I think im going to buy a string trimmer this winter when they are a little cheaper. Im not sure what brand im going to get. Im still thinking about getting a Weed eater. If i get a weed eatre do you have any suggegstions to make them last longer than general maintannce?
Old 09-18-2004, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Go with an echo srm 210 trimmer. Don't get a curved shaft trimmer they suck expecially if your not tall your won't be able to reach under cars ect, ect, ect, I bought one earlier this year and sold it about a month ago I've got 1 srm 210 and its great start small and do a good job by the time your 16 you will me making decent money while your friends will be making minuim wage. I wish I started when I was 14 I'd have 10 years experience now .I'm 24 and this is my first year I've been able to purchase a 48 inch John Deere walk behind, a brand new roto tiller, just got my brand new echo 750 back pack blower the other day, and a bunch of other stuff

Hint: check out local yard sales for mowers just and Idea
btw i'm about and hour south of you
Old 10-10-2004, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a weed eater Featherlie trimmer and ended up taking it back because the line would not advance. I also had a weed eater blower at one time and was not impressed. My recomendation is getting a Stihl or Echo. You could probably get a curved shaft model of one of theese around the $150 range.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Well its been two years so heres an update of what I have now. still no weed wacker, I still have the toro ride on with a new 12hp motor. have a 6*8 trailer origanly 4*8 but widened it so we have more room.
I now have a truck but only have my permit. I can get my license before this summer so i dont have to have my dad drive me around. I am goin to try and find a weed wacker, and a newer trailer because the trailer we have now isnt all that great.

The truck is a Toyota pickup 1990 Ext. cab V6 5spd manuall 4x4 and a trailer hitch
Old 02-19-2006, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Congrats

hey i just heard fordsrule got a new Toyota and it.........wait, stop it, wait hold on, you got a toyota! LOL ha ha, only messing with you man, way to go, you have come a lond way, I think its cool that you posted on your old thread. Anyway, congrats, and I'd love to see pics of your custom trailer extension

Travis
Old 03-07-2006, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Member

upgrade to a walk behine it will get thos lawns cut faster and get a stihl i run to fs-62 outstanding power
Old 08-31-2006, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Member

well its been a while and i got and update

I got my license in June I bought a 5x12 trailer along with a Gravely Pro 50 50" mower both together for $400
I still havent bought a trimmer ive been using my dads so im still looking for one ive looked at the Echo trimmers and i like them thats probably what i will end up buying
I still have the toro ride on just between my dad and I using it we some how wrecked the engine and we repalced it with a 12hp motor

I have a 21 inch push mower with a tecumesh engine that wont start. My grandfather asked me to drop it off with him and he cant seem to get it start. He cleaned the carb and put fresh gas in it but it wont start it starts with some ether but then it just dies, if anyone has any ideas on fixing it or should i just give up on it and buy a new one.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, if it starts with starting fluid, you have a gas problem. Somethings not getting gas.

Check the gas filter, and the whole gas lines.