Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-02-2004, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

my story

I just figured i'd tell my story since i have nothing better to do right now (love the rain)

I started working for a company when i was 15 and I decided that I wanted to start my own business this year after being hurt and out of work for 3 months (figured the boss man wouldnt be too happy with me after 3 months of not being there, and i was right). So I found a trailer pretty cheap, a 2003 ez dumper 14x6.5' bought a year old shindy trimmer for 150 bucks and am picking up my 48" lesco friday along with a shindy blower, right now i have a s10 to pull it only but I'm searching daily for a new truck, just so hard to find a clean older truck. Right now I have only a couple accounts that are friends i cut for but this week i will be putting out 1000 flyers and hope to get up to 25 accounts by the end of the year. I'm working on getting registered and insurance but its difficult being 17 only so if anything I'll have to wait a couple months before getting it so I'll be a temporary scrub i guess.

I realized i wanted to do this on my own after my boss told me all my job was to get him the most money that i could, after being pi##ed on so much by him but expected to bring in as much as i could and work with people that were not qualified I decided to start looking for a trailer and equipment and after a month of planning and looking i'm on track. Thanks and good luck to all this year with all this wonderful rain.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish you the best luck man. Don't let ANYONE discourrage you!