Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-16-2004, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Alright I'll say it ...it looks like crap...i hope u didnt charge her much for it
Old 06-16-2004, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stxkyboy
Alright I'll say it ...it looks like crap...i hope u didnt charge her much for it

When you build one, and post a pic, then you can slam.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by two_planks
Just the noise. I know its small but cest la vie, the customer gets what the customer wants.
The size and place is all up to them. But the rock size is a little big for the pond IMO.

I like that rock though. If you get some larger prodjects, I'd use the same boulders. Not lime stone, is it?
Old 06-17-2004, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stxkyboy
Only $1200. Thats not really all that much, is it? Come on the rest of you bring it on. This just wouldn't be a lawnsite first pond thread unless at least 10 you jump on the bandwagon.

Last edited by two_planks; 06-17-2004 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Phishook
The size and place is all up to them. But the rock size is a little big for the pond IMO.

I like that rock though. If you get some larger prodjects, I'd use the same boulders. Not lime stone, is it?
No its sandstone. Except the pink boulders, they are pink granite. I agree that the boulders look a little big right now but I think that once the hydrangea, lilac, and potentilla on the left fill out and the nettle on right spreads enough to spill some what over and around the boulders it will look a lot better. I guess only time will tell.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Two Planks

First of all, I do like your pond. What kind of filtration do you have in it? Tell me about it? Do you have a skimmer in it? How deep is it? Are they planning on putting mosquito fish, or goldfish in there?

There are only two things I would have done differently. The first is the fact that it is under that tree. A pond that size will foul very quickly if not kept clean. That's going to make maintenance a pain in the butt if the home owners dont keep a net over it. Is that the location they picked out, or did you select that site? The only other thing I would have dne differently would have been the rocks you used. I too would have used smaller rocks. It doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong. It's all a matter of taste. It's your first pond for goodness sake. It looks to me like you did really well. I still like the way it looks though. Good job. I can't wait to see your next pond Buddy.

As for Stxkyboy. Lol...well lets just say that I'm eagerly waiting for him to post pics of his first pond on here so that I can critique it (rubbing my hands feverishly together). Don't worry Stxkyboy. I'll be gentle. Lol!!

Vic