Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-12-2004, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Milorganite reponse time?

How long does it take to see a response from using Milorganite, soil temps are now up and properties irrigated?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 07-29-2004, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

At 10 to 12 lbs per K , one week darkening of color, two weeks some growth, three weeks good growth.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Location: central virgina, transition, plant hardy zone 7a, and heat index zone 7
how long did it last? I would estimate 5-6 weeks when applied at .6 to .72 lbs/m!
Primarly work with cool season turf
Old 07-31-2004, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by timturf
how long did it last? I would estimate 5-6 weeks when applied at .6 to .72 lbs/m!
You called it right, at six weeks color beginning to fall off, these are irrigated property's getting good water at 2.75 inch. cut height, clippings returned.

A side note, cracked corn used in combination with milorganite and and SOP give the best color I've ever seen without exessive growth as well as handling heat stress [98 to 104] extremely well.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Where do I find cracked corn? I have a local Co-op but want to know exactly what to ask for so I don't look like an idiot. How about Alfalfa meal? What is SOP? Lastly, can Milorganite and Ringer Lawn Restore be swapped? They seem similar.
Thanks,
Joe
Old 08-06-2004, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CRUZMISL
Where do I find cracked corn? I have a local Co-op but want to know exactly what to ask for so I don't look like an idiot. How about Alfalfa meal? What is SOP? Lastly, can Milorganite and Ringer Lawn Restore be swapped? They seem similar.
Thanks,
Joe
Walmart has cracked corn 40 lb bags for
$ 5.50. Or you can get it at feed stores, I paid $6.50 per 50 lbs. You ask for cracked corn. It is about half the size of regular corn.
I use Alfalfa pellets as meal did not want to spread through my spreader. I bought a spreader that has a wide hole and made it wider. I like Alfalfa because corn will sprout and the birds and squirrels make it hard to know how much actually ends up down. Also the NPK rates are higher and in the proportion I like . I don't use the SOP [sulfate of potash]with alfalfa, only with milorganite. SOP cost me $10.00 at wilber-ellis 50 lbs. 0-0-50

Tom