Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-18-2004, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Need Advice

Hello fellow friends and guys who work for a living. I got a question. I saw in Loews a Husqvarna that you sit on with the hand levers like the zero turn mowers and it cost about 2600 dollars which was not bad but it seemed light and not like a commercial mower. I believe it had a 36 or 42 inch cut. For small areas is this worth it. I am just starting and need to hear from the pros.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I doubt it. You would be better off with a walk behind in that price range, from an actual dealer.
It would be best to match your equipment to the work you have(or plan to have).
I fear if you pick up a machine like this one at Lowes, it won't give you the quality of cut or dependability you need to make a go of this work.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I checked out the mower at Loew's a couple of years agao. It is definitely light weight and not commercial quality. I agree with Ax Man. Spend the same money or a little more and buy a commerial walk behind ( Hydro if possible). You will be happier in the long run.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Member

find a dealer to buy from the service at lowes and other like them really sucks!
Old 06-19-2004, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice. You guys are right. Whenever I would ask a question at Loews nobody had a idea or clue what was what. So I will go to some dealers. I have a 48" howard price walk behind with sulky and now I am looking to add another mower. I have 2 jobs that take nearly 2 hours to cut and trim with two people about two acres. And quite a bit of other jobs that take at least a hour or better. I also have a 21" cub cadet mower for real small areas. Thanks again.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes, I bought the very same Z mower you are talking about at Lowes a while back, It actually cost close to 3 grand after taxes. I really wanted The Scag tiger CubZ!!!!!!!!!!!!, but it was around 6 grand! anyway, they are right, save your dough, and get a commercial! The mower is fine for around my yard, and the few regular mowing jobs I do, but for every day use I doubt if it would last.