Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-21-2004, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Help me find a heavy duty trailer.

I need a trailer in the 18 foot range, at least 82 wide, and built well. I see lots of guys running, and talking about these inexpensive angle iron trailers, and even like a Big Tex, but I fear they will not survive the pounding. My current trailer is a 14 foot square tube torrsion axle 10,000 lb beast. I could not be happier with it except it is not long enough.

Can anyone reccomend a good source of well made trailer, with wood deck and strong ramp gate/s? I want something that will really last under the rigours of daily work. I would really like a side gate, and mesh sides if at all possible, which is hard to find in an 18 foot by 82 wide trailer.

Any help would be great.

Jay
Old 06-24-2004, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

PJ Trailers @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Old 06-25-2004, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had this trailer built for me. I told him to build it like tank. He did and it is heavy duty, almost to heavy duty. I will probably be selling it when I have a smaller trailer built, this one is a little heavy for me. 18' tandem w/ brakes on both axles, expanded metal sides, trimmer racks, blower racks, gas can rack, gate w/ lift assist ect.
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2004, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That trailer does look like a beast. Does it have Spring, or Torsion axles? Is it 82 wide interior width? Looks very nice! What are you going to ask for it when you sell, and is your new trailer already being built?

I have a 14 foot, 2 of which is a dove tail. 2 5,000 lb Torsion axles, heavy cage with 2 blower racks, and trimmer rack for 3 tools. It is a beast weighing in around 3,000 lb's. I love the trailer, it is just too short.

Jay
Old 06-27-2004, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It has spring axles, I will have to measure the inside diameter I think it is 82 but would have to check. I have several dollars tied up in it over 2300.00 but when my other trailer is built , I will know more about what I may ask for it. This trailer is built like a tank made of channel instead of angle. I am waiting for the axles to arrive so construction can begin on the new trailer. If anyones interested shoot me a PM or email.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Member

try doolittle trailers they are built well with a moderate price tag
Old 07-11-2004, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Cornpro in Elnora Indiana makes several different trailers that should meet your needs. There also a company in Noblesville called Schwartz that makes a really nice trailer.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just picked up a BNM Trailer out of Michigan. www.bnmtrailersalesinc.com

It is an all tube construction with split rear gates, and side gate that I believe is 60". It has a nice mesh basket on the front with a very extended tongue. I was very excited when I saw the beast. It also has a section of tube on the drivers side that you can remove a pin, and the tube will pivot up to a right angle to the trailer deck. You can then fork a pallet right onto the deck. I have used this feature twice in the very short time I have had it, and boy is it nice for fertilizer.

Thanks for all your help fellas.

Jay
Old 07-21-2004, 01:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

its a litle bit too late but bridegroom in griffith is where 90% of the trailers u see in our area are from such as all of tims landscaping allens seasons, mine lol i got a 18 footer made there a few weeks ago its freakin beautfiul
Old 07-21-2004, 07:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Jeff is a stud! The trailer I replaced was a Bridegroom trailer, and it is built like a beast. I really like the trailer, and will likely regret not waiting for him to build one. Based on what a buddy paid for his trailer of late, and based on what mine cost several years ago, I figured I would have paid nearly double the price for Jeff to build it like I wanted. It would have last a lifetime for sure though, I am really impressed with his stuff.

If you don't mind me asking what did you have to give for your trailer? Does it have a wood deck, or that grate? Basket in the front? Spring assist?

Thanks
Jay