Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-22-2004, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Edgers

What is a good commercial edger to purchase? The choices are plentiful and I am not too familiar with what specs to look for. What are you all using for your jobs? Thanks.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not letting the fact that we sell them be an issue, but the Xtra Edger from Little Wonder is fairly nice. One of our customers that is a large LCO in the area purchased one because him and his crew were tired of their backs hurting at the end of a day of edging from having to twist their bodies sideways to edge. The Xtra Edger is a small walk-behind 2-cycle that is light weight, and has handles somewhat like a Mantis cultivator. It also uses a 4 edge setup to edge a longer distance in a shorter amount of time. I'm sure there are pictures on the website of them. We've personally tried it and it IS much easier to manuever and control than a stick edger, and less bulky than the traditional homeowner with the 4 cycle engine.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks. I went to the website. Those are some neat looking edgers. How much does one of those little buggers cost?
Old 06-22-2004, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

They list for about $475. I'm sure you didn't see it, but I have an ad in the Marketplace section here where I'm selling 3 of them. Still have 2 left if you're interested in one. If not, that's fine too, but I'd definitely recommend looking into one, it's a nice piece of equipment. Powerful too, biggest engine of any of the stick/portable type edgers.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...threadid=72068
Old 06-22-2004, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by greenguy04
Thanks. I went to the website. Those are some neat looking edgers. How much does one of those little buggers cost?
For a time, they were on sale for $389 something. Have not checked lately to see if they are still on sale. Not being in a very large town, we can't order a whole herd of them at one time because they're probably a little more than what your average home owner will spend on one.