Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-23-2004, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Truck Lease Renewel

I have a Isuzu npr diesel, that the lease runs out in October. I leased it three years ago, for 597.00 a month. I want to get a four door Isuzu in October but they want me to sign a four year lease for 621.00. Thats okay with me but there is no cancelation clause in it if I want to turn it in early. It is a dump body truck. I said no, and they counter acted with a two year for 987.00 a month. I cant do that. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris Lemonds
Yorktown, Virginia
Old 06-23-2004, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Why in the world would you pay $29,000+ to borrow it for 4 years, when they are roughly $30,000 new, and you could own it by now? Then sell it, and use that money for a down payment on the new one you want. Maybe I'm missing something, but leasing/renting has never been high on my list.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Member

If you have more money than you know what to do with, and no maintanence skills then you can lease a truck. Hence the reason big companies do this. If you are willing to pay me 29,000.00 dollars to borrow that truck and then give it back to me, and i not owe you anything that just sunds like a deal i can't pass up. Where should i sign to get you this truck ? If you have not seen the logic in what you have read here today. Please go to www.daveramsey.com and see what he has to say about fleecing , I mean leasing a vehicle. Hope this helps. Why pay all that money to give it back for nothing.