Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-30-2004, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

hahahaha!!

Vibes quick serious ass. Although if you really did have a minivan it would be absolutely hilarious!

I have the exact same setup as you, well almost - i have a 98 cutless . But I just got a 5x8 too mostly because its cheaper than a truck but also because the general consensus is that it sucks to put your mower in the back of a truck.

The only problem I have is that because my hitch is so low, its impossible to get any angle on the trailer other than a forward one. Have you had this problem with your vibe as well? Also, I'm curious has to both the length of your gate and the height of your trailer.

And, one more question, if you don't mind me asking, what trimmer racks are you using? Or did you make them?

Keep on rocking!
Old 06-30-2004, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by seymour_glass
hahahaha!!

Vibes quick serious ass. Although if you really did have a minivan it would be absolutely hilarious!

I have the exact same setup as you, well almost - i have a 98 cutless . But I just got a 5x8 too mostly because its cheaper than a truck but also because the general consensus is that it sucks to put your mower in the back of a truck.

The only problem I have is that because my hitch is so low, its impossible to get any angle on the trailer other than a forward one. Have you had this problem with your vibe as well? Also, I'm curious has to both the length of your gate and the height of your trailer.

And, one more question, if you don't mind me asking, what trimmer racks are you using? Or did you make them?

Keep on rocking!
Never had any problem with the trailer angle - it sits pretty darn level. I do have a 1 1/4 receiver hitch and I did put the receiver "upside down" (from what most people have theirs) like this: 7= instead of =L (Get it?)

The trailer height is 15 inches to the floor at the axle (level). the gate length is 52 inches. I didn't design it, I just bought it. As far as dimensions goes - it's perfect for the application - I probably wouldn't have done as good if I designed it myself!

The trimmer racks came from Lowe's.
That was a really bad idea. The trimmer trap (name?) works much better and seems to be worth the extra cost. A set of those are definatly on the wish list.

Thanks guys for the positive comments and encouragement
Old 07-01-2004, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice setup and I wish you the best.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Member

I bought the same trimmer rack as you....

I too wish I had something different..my trimmer bounces around too much.

My setup is close to yours, except I have a 48" Z mower instead of a walkbehind and my trailer is a little bigger. I pull mine with a blazer.
Stihl BR340 backpack blower
Kawasaki KHS750AC hedge trimmer
Bolens 21" trim mower
Shindaiwa backpack sprayers

Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever."
Old 07-01-2004, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same trailer. Got it from lowes.
I carry my 36" gravely wb and a 21" ariens wb. I bought a sheet of plywood to put on the bottom because the expanded metal floor broke where the wheels on the 36" sit. other than that it is great. I also have just startedhave 9 res. and 1 commerical yards. Hopefully I can get some more and quit this job I have now and do the lawn care full time.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I also have the same trailer. I put ply wood on the floor cause the 52" exmark caused it to sag in between braces. I can get a exmark and a snapper 28" rider on a 5x8
Old 07-15-2004, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Member

jbell,
I'd love to see a picture of that
Old 08-04-2004, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Member

PW....I really like your setup!.....as far as the Lowes 5x8 trailer goes...did you purchase it at Lowes? May I ask how much?
Thanks....God Bless
Old 08-04-2004, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

not bad.... comon' guys this should be encouragement all warren was looking for was a little motivation all it takes is one prick to ruin it i thought this site was to help people out and learn from others and others to learn from you..... that is crazy that someone would pick on warren.... glllc i would would love to see your awesome set up were you can dis other people....
Old 08-04-2004, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Just curious, why would a mini-van, that can have the seats removed and store all kinds of stuff in, be more "hilarious" than a 98 Cutlass with a trimmer hang'n out of the trunk and the lid tied down. It really iritates me when people must make fun of someone else in a feeble attempt to justify themselves, or make themselves appear to be better than others.

I am going into this bus part time and although I make enough money from my other job to buy a F250 4x4, I may just decide to tow my trailer with my mini-van. By the way, have you priced a nice mini-van lately, hardly a scrub vehicle.