Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-30-2004, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I still stand by my statement he should have hired a pro. It looks like some one dug a hole slaped a liner in it and piled rocks any which way. On my first pond I read book after book and even watched a video about how to instal a pond. and just think for the time and money he has in that pond he could have hired a pro. to come in and give him something nice.

I think im just tired of fixing and refurbishing ponds for customers that tried to do it themselves first.

WOODSBROTHERLC: If you but a little time and effort into that pond it could look nice. For example Make the rock look natural, and hide the liner for starters
Old 06-30-2004, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Weatherman, show me a picture of your first pond!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2005 Chevy 2500HD with 8' Western Ultramount Pro
2008 Chevy 1500 2WD WT
14' tandem axle Maxey
3, 52" Wright Standers, 23 HP
2, 36" Encore hydros
Stihl Handhelds
Toro Snowblowers
Old 06-30-2004, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey WeatherMan, you are one big *******. I'm just starting my first pond and could only hope I can do it semi correctly. If I can't I'll call someone like you and PAY you to fix my mistakes.

Man, this is the guy's first attempt. Not everyone does this for a living.

What I don't understand is why you are so hacked off over a guy making the mistake of not completely covering the liner. Further, if he does have to call a professional to fix it up then he will pay them.

These mistakes are your bread and butter!

Treat people with some respect.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Jimmy

I'll bet you're excited about building your first pond. I'm sure you'll have a lot of questions. Don't hesitate to ask me for help if you need it.

I remember building my first pond. I had read tons of books and haunted pond forums untill I was blue in the face. There were still things that popped up that the books and forums didn't cover. No one on the forums would help me either. It sure would have been nice if I had someone to turn to with my questions.

Building a pond isn't all that difficult once you have a few of the basics down. Sure it can be labor intensive, but I always enjoyed the process. I hope you in thurn enjoy your project as much as I enjoy my projects Jimmy.

I'll be here if you need me Buddy.

Vic
Old 06-30-2004, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Jimmy: First I'm not "Hacked Off" at him. It just pisses me off to see someone half azz something. And you think I'm an AZZ, who calling who names.

VICTOR: I really admire that you always have something good to say.
But myself on the other hand I like to say what I think. I don't think this makes me an ******** Like jimmy says.

I guess not everybody Likes to here the truth
Old 06-30-2004, 06:27 PM

I like Woodbrothers' better than Weatherman's. While Woodbrother's pond needs a little work at least they used native rock. It wouldn't take much to hide the liner and re arrange a few rocks here and there.

Weatherman, maybe you are the one that should have hired a professional. Why the hell would you use white pebbles in a water feature? Thatís hilarious, Weatherman telling someone how to make their pond look natural. Weathermanís looks like an eyesore jetting out of the ground. What did he use in between the rocks? Is that sand?

Just goes to show you shouldnít talk **** when you yourself canít do any better.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ken Kasey: What the hell you talking about White Peeples what you see is Small and large creek stone, and there is no sand between the rocks they are just dirty, All Rock I use are native to OHIO, As far as it being an eyesore well first the landscaping had not been installed at the time of the pic. and I dont think my customer would have paid 14K for an eyesore.

Post a pic of your Ponds KEN. Lets see what they look like!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the good words Weatherman

You really can't blame Woodbrothers for taking the defensive buddy. After all, that was his dad's first pond. The way I see it, maybe his dad wasn't looking for perfection. Maybe he wanted a project that he could have fun with. He did build it in his own yard after all.

You are a craftsman Weatherman. I can tell you're a perfectionist. That's why I love looking at the ponds you build. Heck, I probably enjoy looking at your ponds more than you do 'cause they look so darn good. I don't think you should have been so critical of Wood's dad's pond though. Sure he could have done better, but after all, it was his first pond.

I have to admit that I had a "nails on the chalkboard" reaction when I read your assessment of Wood's dad's pond, but I'm sure you didn't mean to offend. At least I hope you didn't mean to. From all the threads of yours, I still think you're a great guy.

Cheer up Woods....I like your pond. The next one will be even better!

Vic
Old 06-30-2004, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Victor: Like I said I say what I think and I dont really mean to offend peeps but sometimes the truth hurts, anyway woodbrothers I hope you learn from your dads mistakes and turn into the next ADI
Sorry if I offended you

Peace
Old 06-30-2004, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think your pond is the best looking thing but I don't make fun of it...Maybe you can just keep it to yourself nexttime. if everyone knew how to build a pond "as well" as you, you wouldn't ever get business

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2005 Chevy 2500HD with 8' Western Ultramount Pro
2008 Chevy 1500 2WD WT
14' tandem axle Maxey
3, 52" Wright Standers, 23 HP
2, 36" Encore hydros
Stihl Handhelds
Toro Snowblowers