Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-30-2004, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No trim overhang on the Toro 44" deck.The deck trim side is inline with the rear tires,which makes trimming around obstacles a bear.(I own one)
Other than that,it's a great mower.Mulches great too.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I run the 72" TANK for Wriken, No problems with it and going on 3 years old. I treat it like it's my own

fluid film- the official sponser of sflqpru
Old 07-30-2004, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

IF you are looking at Toro's, make sure you demo the TURBO FORCE deck, and make sure the dealer shows you properly how to set the adjustable baffle as it makes tons of difference.

The model Madmusic bought is the smallest with a turbo force deck.

I have a Toro ZTR, and they are very well designed and built.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Danny:

I did the same research as you and bought the CUB Tank 48" Fab deck. Same reason as you...3 year warranty, 3 year 0% financing.

I paid $5400 for mine (if that helps). That did not include tax but did include the mulching kit that Cub sells for about $200.

I feel like I got my moneys worth. I am a residential user and not in the biz so the 19 horse 2 cylinder Kawasaki will likely outlive me.

I looked seriously at the Hustler Z (20 hp Honda), The Yazoo Kees, the Bad Boy, and the Exmark along with a multitude of consumer units like you have.

IF I were to have purchased a consumer unit, it would have been the hustler mini Z because it had a fabricated deck and the deck is traditionally the weak link in a consumer unit.

At every turn I kept coming back to the tank for 2 reasons.....it's initial purchase price seemed less than the other commercial units and the 0% financing.

In parting I must say that it probably would not ever make a bit of difference to me in my circumstance..... since I only cut two lawns each less than 1.5 acres.... I will likely never see the maintenance problems or pitfalls of ANY commercial unit regardless of who made it. In 20 years, mine won't see the hours that most professionals put on one in a year.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Member

good luck!!!!

I had a cub enforcer with a fabed deck and that thing was a pile of crap had to replace the belts every 10 hrs.. now I have two z masters one 05 48 and one 2011 z500 and love them both
Old 07-11-2012, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Member

this original post from 2004 - - Here it is 2012 : I just bought another Cub Tank.

This time I got the 60" cut M60. My old M48 is still in the garage and here is what I have had to do to it since 04.

one idler pulley, one drive belt; 2 or maybe 3 batteries.

The rest: Oil changes etc.... nothing else awry on my M48. It has a whopping 400 or so hours on it.

I did change the deck belt once for kicks as I thought it was time, but it is hard to tell the new one from the old one now.

I think (and I may be wrong) that there is a Gulf of difference between the M series and the enforcer. I note that today Cub (MTD?) makes an L60 with a fab deck.... Oddly enough the L60 sells for $6999 and the M60 sells for about $8600 or so..... you would think that they are the same machine. But for some reason they arent.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I think the enforcer was just before the tank the dealer told me the m48 was the same thing as the enforcer 48 as far as deck and hydros
Posted via Mobile Device