Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-28-2006, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Going from 10 to 11 was a huge improvement. It is not cheap, but used properly, it will recoup your money very quickly in bigger and better jobs with more closed proposals.

Kirk
Old 03-05-2006, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobcatservice

I got vol. 12 a month ago. I just bidded a new yard ,customer only wanted grass. For fun i did seperate pic of 5 pieces of shrubs, small retaining wall around the shrubbery. Customer loved it and said go ahead with the extras. My first job with Pro landscaping and i will make almost enough extra to pay for the software. I ask my customer later about my presentation, he was very impressed and said everyone else ( which would of been me too last year) only gave a sheet listing items. I was able to show finish product. I am very cheap at times on spending money however Pro Landscaping Is worth every penny.

mike
Old 03-17-2006, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Member

its amazing software like this that makes me wonder why I am spending about four hours a night on design projects for school. I've asked all of my professors if software like this is going to change the way landscapers do designs, and i get the same response everytime... "hand designing will always be the better method of designing, clients want to see hand drawn designs blah blah blah." Although a lot of my time in class is spent learning how to incorporate the principles of design into our landscapes, which i believe, is just as important as learning how to physically design. A lot of industry professionals that i've talked to tell me that they use these programs and love them. So what do you guys think about this? is hand designing a "thing of the past"??
-adam
Old 03-18-2006, 06:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Adam, no, it is not. These programs are only drafting aids in plan mode and with 3D imaging, they are a presentation tool. Good design is often done by hand and then sometimes converted to digital by a draftsperson. If it is a large project, having the whole project in front of you on a large piece of paper on your drafting table enables you to see all on the project at one time. You are not forced into tunnel vision as you are with a computer screen. For small projects I go straight to the Pro Landscape, but for large projects, I'll use Pro Landscape to do a base plan, print it out, lay it on the drafting table and use trace paper on top for my many ideas and concepts. Once the concept has been approved and tweaked, then a final draft can be hand drawn or created using the software. If you do not draw well, Pro Landscape is ideal, as your work will always be neat and legible. They offer numerous ways of rendering the design, in both plans and imaging. perhaps with a huge monitor and being able to see the entire plan, my methods may change, but for now I prefer to be creative with my design work at the drafting table, then using the software to finalize and store my drawings.

Kirk
Old 03-23-2006, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been working with ProLandscape for only a couple of weeks now and although I love the output for imaging, their is a big learning curve as is with any graphic program. I am not a good drawer and I am really trying to learn the planner side to the full extent. One thing great is that you can print out the design in quadrants so you can look at the full design at a drafting table to get the complete view. I have to enter a lot of new symbols as many of the plants I like are not here.
Will update in a few weeks.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Pro

Im looking for help with pro landscape im lost and need to sell alot of estimates coming up within the next week please let me know tahnks 586-610-8372
Old 03-24-2006, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a&llandscapes
Im looking for help with pro landscape im lost and need to sell alot of estimates coming up within the next week please let me know tahnks 586-610-8372
Have you used the tutorials? I have been sitting on my copy all winter. Now I am getting calls and need to learn...lol. I have thrown something together, but it's looking way too symetric (uniform). It's a simple layout too. 84' x 4', but a designer I am not...lol.

Good luck and wish I could help, but I am learning also.
Matt

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 03-25-2006, 06:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have used all the tutorials and are still struggling, contact Pro Landscape as they are very helpful or check out the schedule of classes they offer. Are you having difficulty with the 3D imaging or the CAD planner? Id your difficulty in operating the program or in designing?

Kirk
Old 03-25-2006, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Member

were can you get mor pics and download them to pro there is not enough stuff i want diff brick and such i need help on prices i set the prices but it dont want to work
Old 03-25-2006, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I got a cd from Pro Landscape, it looks a little better than I thought it was. I am in zone 10, does anyone know the extent of the plant selection for zone 10? I think on the cd it said it covers all zones but I only saw up to zone 9. Many plants are different here so I thought the selection may be limited.