Register free!

Old 05-14-2006, 02:34 AM
LawnSite Member

My computer has 480 MB Ram and the system requirements are 512 or more. How slow will this make the software. I will add more ram eventually. Thanks for the help
Old 05-14-2006, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to add more RAM before you attempt to run the software. It is not a matter of speed, but if the program will run properly, if at all. You should run at least 1GB of RAM for efficiency. The CAD based planner and the 3D imaging take a great amount of computer power to run properly and correctly. A powerful computer is needed to get the best from the software.

Kirk
Old 06-11-2006, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Flagstone Hatch in 2D

I'm trying to hatch a flagstone patio and path in 2D mode, but can't seem to find any natural stone hatching in planner mode, am I overlooking something here? There’s a lot of paver hatching and I find it odd that Drafix would have neglected to include natural stone as well. thanks!
JC
Old 06-11-2006, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinTx
I'm trying to hatch a flagstone patio and path in 2D mode, but can't seem to find any natural stone hatching in planner mode, am I overlooking something here? There’s a lot of paver hatching and I find it odd that Drafix would have neglected to include natural stone as well. thanks!
JC
I found it! thanks!
JC
Old 07-05-2006, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone interested in purchasing a copy of Version 11 please private message me.

Last edited by Michael J. Donovan; 07-05-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using PRO Landscape for a year now. My customers all give an immediate "WOW!" after seeing the pics. I first started using the program to up-sell the customer by showing how it would look if they added lights, or a water feature, etc. I wanted to see if anyone else using this program would care to share some pics. I'm stuck at a certain level with this program and I'm trying to find maybe new techniques or sources for plant and paver files instead of adding them yourself by taking the pics. I find the program easy to use, but anyone who uses it knows the more options you combine, the more realistic it looks. I sometimes combine PRO Landscape with EP Henry imaging which is a hardscape specific program.
Click here for pics!
"Well, I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of, but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know."-Socrates
Old 01-09-2007, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

To print out in a larger format. I save the file as a pdf. and take it to Kinko's where they print out color prints. Or I print it out, scan it on my scanner and enlarge it. I also usually include a disc and hard copies of the print. This way if any changes need to be made I can draw on the print and not worry about it.
"Well, I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of, but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know."-Socrates
Old 01-09-2007, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just reading through these threads for the first time as I am fairly new to this site. Kirk seems to have a good idea of the program. This is a sales tool more than a design program. I also use CAD for my designs. I also incorporate color into my design. I find my customers just look at me like a deer in headlights when I show them a print and plant info, then I show them the PRO Landscape image editor pics and there's the WOW! then a sigh of relief that they are excited about your design. My presentation jacket includes: a legal size print (have to buy the big one), plant info and image editor photos (printed on photo glossy paper for nicer presentation), a disc containing all this info in PDF or JPG format and our company's mission statement (talking about our commitment to service and periodic follow-ups on their project) I think the bottom line here is sales... No one can deny that. If you want to up-sell the customer on lights, walls or whatever. This visual tool is a must. PS- Kirk, have any pics to share?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgansCountryGardens View Post
That's nice software.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Member

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m...1169007066.pbw