Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-18-2009, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Member

How hard is the program to use? I have puch landscape designer and the booklet is about 1000 pages long. Ive had it for 5 months and am still unable to use it......confusing.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The imaging mode is rather intuitive, but the planner portions is CAD based, so therefore has the difficulty level of any CAD based software. With time and education, it becomes much easier and proficient. The initial time it takes to create a design will likely not be any faster than hand drawn, but any changes or manipulations are a breeze. You will also have a huge advantage of being able to create scaled PDF's of your plans, and either emailing them or taking them to your local print service to be rendered.

As with any design software, it is not. The 3D imaging, is a presentation tool, and the CAD based planner mode is a sophisticated digital pencil. Added to your arsenal of design tools, Pro Landscape can take your design work and installations to the next level.

Kirk
Old 02-24-2009, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J & S Lawn and Landscape View Post
How hard is the program to use? I have puch landscape designer and the booklet is about 1000 pages long. Ive had it for 5 months and am still unable to use it......confusing.
Go attend one of the training seminars. It is well worth the money. Even though there were about 25-30 people in the room there were enough instructors that it felt like a one on one training seminar. They showed me how to use things that I didn't even know existing.

For those complaining about price, you have got to be kidding me. Its an investment. The 1300 or so bucks is a drop in the bucket when compared to what you can sell the customer on.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

When you purchase the software how many computers can you use it on? Just one or does it come with 2 licenses like alot of software?
Old 05-27-2009, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

2 for the initial purchase and you can buy additional licenses.

Kirk
Old 05-27-2009, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the response
Old 08-02-2009, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Member

About had it with Pro Landscape

I have just about had it with Pro Landscape we are a mid sized landscape company. So spending the money for a program like Pro Landscape is a pretty big deal. This brings me to this we have one computer that we do drawings on period. Any time I have trouble with this computer and you canít get the maintenance removal number itís like an act of congress to get it reg.. I was on vacation when the hard drive went down we back stuff up on dvd-rw all the time so we had every thing of importance. My cousin got another hard drive install it and put all the programs back on then came Pro Landscape told him we had used all of our reg numbers. I was vacationing not to far away so I drove back because there was a drawing the guys need to print off there. So I called them same answer I tell them I only have the one computer I donít understand what the problem is. Needless to say Iím getting pissed off in the mean time some where down the line playing phone tag I get cut off. I call them back get a message that support is available Monday thru Friday etc etc. So thank god for some rain they wonít be able to work on this job until Monday. So Iím here drawing it in AutoCAD LT so they will have it early Monday morning. I used to work for a company that had full blown Version of AutoCAD that didnít jump through these kinds of hoops reinstall it. Sorry for a long post but had to get on my soap box a little.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I've had for several years, it's great software and worth the money.They even have classes that you can take. If anyone has any questions on it, just ask, I'm know it fairly well.
Jim Bo
Old 01-14-2010, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Pro Landscape vs. Dynascape

I am in the process of purchasing a design software and have it narrowed down to Pro Landscape and Dynascape and was just looking for some feedback from anyone that has compared the two. I have reviewed the demo cds for both but have pros and cons for both. So some imputs on the subject would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

-Josh
Old 01-14-2010, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams To Designs View Post
perhaps with a huge monitor and being able to see the entire plan, my methods may change, but for now I prefer to be creative with my design work at the drafting table, then using the software to finalize and store my drawings.

Kirk
Maybe consider getting a projector and having an open wall in your room?