Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-15-2005, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drafto
The photo editing software? Took me all of about 5 minutes!

Dan
Yeah...that's not hard at all. The only real problem I had was stretching and sizing of the mulch for beds. Takes a little bit to playing around with to find the selected plants, but not too bad.

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 12-15-2005, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The paver photo editing is where I have the biggest problems. I haven't quite gotten it down yet how to show them effciently, if anyone has any tips, let me know.

Dan
Old 12-29-2005, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like there is alot of unanswered questions in this thread. Where is Drafix to answer questions and sell their product?
Old 12-31-2005, 06:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Earthworker, this is not a manufacturers forum, so there is no representative from Drifix monitoring it. That would be great if they spent time here and did answer questions. They do help if you call or email them and they do recommend a training group that will come out to you or offers classes you can attend. The users should spend more time sharing information, tips and tricks they have learned to benefit everyone, but it is difficult if you are not in the same room to understand the scenarios. I am hoping during this winter to get time to work more with the software and attempt to master it. I would love to attend training, but it is not convenient or affordable at this time.

Kirk
Old 12-31-2005, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't know they offered training. Just got their info package that I requested and I don't think it mentioned anything about training. I figured they were a sponsor on this site so they would monitor questions. What can you tell me about training? Where, how long, how much $? I got a new lap top and plan on doing design program. Just need to decide which one. Money doesn't matter within reason as long as program will do what I need and isn't impossible to learn.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

All CAD based software will require a steep learning curve. You have to ask yourself or those that use it, what are you trying to accomplish with the software? As long as you realize, it is not much more than a digital pencil in plan mode and a presentation tool in 3D imaging, you won't be disappointed. If you are expecting to be buying "design" software. you will be quite angry. If you can already design, have a good knowledge of plants and other landscape materials, understand placement and have the artistic talent to create landscape designs, the software is worth the time and money spent to acquire and master.

Evergreen solutions is the company that Drafix has the training agreement with. I have not attended, but hear they do a good job with the software. I am hoping that some of the local schools with landscape programs take a step into the future and embrace and teach the use of "design" software. Most seasoned designers prefer a pencil and vellum.
http://www.egreensolutions.com/

I use the plan mode for smaller jobs and the 3D imaging for all my presentations to my clients. I still prefer my designs on vellum and make copies to color and present to clients and installers. There are advantages to the software, but in the year I have owned it, I have not mastered it yet. Hopefully this winter will afford me the time to work more in-depth with the software. With some of the shortcomings of the software as mentioned by Drafto, I have used another software program to do the hardscaping and them import that work into the ProLandscape. It is not a do it all program, and may never be.

Kirk
Old 12-31-2005, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Drafix, Pro Landscape Training

Does anyone have more information on this course from Evergreen Solutions?
http://www.egreensolutions.com/trngi.../trainoutl.htm
It doesn't say whether it is held at their location, but I imagine with that price, it must be.

Kirk
Old 12-31-2005, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Kirk,

What hardscape software are you using?

Dan
Old 12-31-2005, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dan,

A paver manufacturer. First I created the 3D image with Pro Landscape from a digital photo imported as a JPG. After the plants were installed, it was exported out of PL as a JPG, then imported into the hardscape software to add the pavers and retaining wall. The color, type of materials, and ease of use is much greater and relative in the other software, for hardscape products.

Kirk
Old 01-07-2006, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Pro Landscape

I am curious about this, but if you were to purchase the Pro Landscape Software, and use it for your cleints, how much can you get for the drawing. I mean obviously it depends on how much goes into making the drawing. But on an average.

P.S. Can you place pools into the landscape? I am going to be working with a local pool company and I wanted to show them what the projects would look like.