Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-01-2006, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Member

HHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA what a Joke, you have to be kidding. This may be useful only if you have a very large commercial business, but I now possible way can it help the residential industry.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc
I personally think all you guys are being very closed minded about the concept of this truck. I drove 4 hrs on a Saturday to their facility and Gary Fellows bent over backwards to meet with me on a weekend. The GATE system lowers in 35 seconds (YES I DID TIME IT). I was concerned with that also. The reason the gate system is a little pricey is because its a locking rear door, a ramp, and a work platform as well and i feel it is worth the investment. The fuel storage system holds enough diesel, gas, and mix to run a lawn service all week. You just pull up and pump like at the station. I dare any of you to price the same tanks, fuel pumps and other materials used on the fuel storage system and mount it cheaper. I know i can't. If the truck breaks down get it fixed and run your pickup and trailer till it is fixed. I don't plan to sell my trucks and trailers just because i buy one of these. And finally you can get the truck loaded (truck, 16' box, all accessories and interior racks, gate/ramp, fuel stations, chrome wheels, receiver hitch) with marketing package on all 4 sides for $45,000 to $50,000. And if you think that is high go price any 3/4 ton diesel or a dually. I did $55,000 for f-350 and still have to pull a trailer. So why not have it all in one. Less maintenance, easier handling, and better in tight subdivisions and anyone can drive it and you don't have to train people to back a trailer. I PERSONALLY PLAN TO BUY ONE A.S.A.P.
B&B
you are right that not a bad price I stopped by the chev dealership here last month they ha a crewcab cabover with not anything fanacy with 16 ft landscaping bed with dove tail and manual tailgate already on it and they quoted me 52500.00 I would love to have one but they would be a muder in this house already in enough trouble seeing how I bought a 61" turf tiger last May and just got finished buying a Scag Saber Tooth Tiger with a 72 " deck last week
What I would like about the truck set up is is is compact no trler to hookup or unhook from.
It has to get better fuel mileage than what I get when pulling my trailer all I can say is maybe before I retire or die I would like to have one but not a real topshelf thing . TWJ
Old 03-01-2006, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Point is... you don't have to spend 50k on a truck to get one that does the exact same thing.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Member

I built and applied for a patent on this set up a few years ago. Its been a long wait and lots of money but fiiiiinnnnnaaaallllyyy I was granted a patent. I have several of these trucks on the road and several other companies in the area run them as well. Lots of benefits to them over the traditional truck and trailer set up and the crews love them. but true, its not for everyone.

Regards,
Mowmoney
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2006, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Bought The Truck

Guys,
I know this truck is debatable from everyones standpoint and everyone may not have a need for this truck. Let me explain my situation since i made one of the first post supporting these trucks. My business is a mix of 80% residential and 20% commercial. My oldest pickup was a 1996 GMC K1500 4X4 with 257,000 miles pulling a 2003 built rite 16' open lawn/landscaping trailer. I started looking at first of 2005 for new Diesel trucks. I was pricing the GMC or Chevy dually 4X4 with duramax diesel. Yes i like a little style and percs in my work trucks so the prices were between $45,000 and $52,000 and i still would have to pull an open trailer. I looked at the super lawn trucks and i love them and still support them firmly but i found a great deal on a very similar truck and could not walk away. I now have a 2003 Isuzu Diesel NPR HD with a crew cab and only 27,000 miles. One of my customers deals in lease trucks. It had no bed on it so we had an 18' enclosed box added and a custom 4' dovetail added to rear with manual gates just like my trailers. I got in this truck for the amazing price of $31,000. Lots cheaper than a new dually and it's enclosed. Pull up to the house in the evening pull down the door and lock her up. Now tell me that's not a great investment. Have plenty of pics if anyone interested. But like i said this steup may not be for everyone but for the money i could not turn it down.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjblg05
HHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA what a Joke, you have to be kidding. This may be useful only if you have a very large commercial business, but I now possible way can it help the residential industry.
By the way RJBLG05. Since you live in Huntsville AL and I am in Guntersville, AL, only 45 miles away i would be more than happy to show you my setup and maybe you would see both sides of the deal.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc
Guys,
I know this truck is debatable from everyones standpoint and everyone may not have a need for this truck. Let me explain my situation since i made one of the first post supporting these trucks. My business is a mix of 80% residential and 20% commercial. My oldest pickup was a 1996 GMC K1500 4X4 with 257,000 miles pulling a 2003 built rite 16' open lawn/landscaping trailer. I started looking at first of 2005 for new Diesel trucks. I was pricing the GMC or Chevy dually 4X4 with duramax diesel. Yes i like a little style and percs in my work trucks so the prices were between $45,000 and $52,000 and i still would have to pull an open trailer. I looked at the super lawn trucks and i love them and still support them firmly but i found a great deal on a very similar truck and could not walk away. I now have a 2003 Isuzu Diesel NPR HD with a crew cab and only 27,000 miles. One of my customers deals in lease trucks. It had no bed on it so we had an 18' enclosed box added and a custom 4' dovetail added to rear with manual gates just like my trailers. I got in this truck for the amazing price of $31,000. Lots cheaper than a new dually and it's enclosed. Pull up to the house in the evening pull down the door and lock her up. Now tell me that's not a great investment. Have plenty of pics if anyone interested. But like i said this steup may not be for everyone but for the money i could not turn it down.
Sounds like you have a sweet truck? Got any pics? I think buying slightly used and equipping the truck yourself is much more cost effective than a new Superlawn truck. Although I do like their fuel system.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnworks
Here is a pic of the gate.

Where's the pic. I can't see it...
Old 03-05-2006, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Never mind, I found those pics..Really nice setup MowMoney...Do you offer trash pickup in my area....JK....That would really come in handy...I throw all the trash and brush into the back of my pickup and then clean it out later...Kind of a hassle to do it that way...Any Idea's...
Old 03-06-2006, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks LawnMowerMan. If the price is right I'll do trash pick up in any area!!! I do alot of residential work in the city and it's proven to be a great time saver in the way of manuvering, parking and having everything you need to do the job readily available. Not to mention the security aspects and the time saved loading and unloading every day. I recall the days when I used a P.U. truck and trailer too and yes it is a bit of a hassle. About the only way to make life a little easier would be to install a dump insert, I'd think.

Happy mowing,
MowMoney