Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-06-2006, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Member

MowMoney,
Great setup. I've been trying to find someone in South Florida that builds a dump like that and I've had no luck. Where are you and how much would it cost me or do you know anyone down here that can do it?
Old 03-07-2006, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Member

BigLawnDog,

I sent you a PM. Let me know if I can be of further help.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mowmoney, The pics you posted of the red truck with the dumpster look just like the Super Lawn Truck that I'm interested in. I've been thinking about collecting grass with my Walker mowers year round, instead of just in the fall when I pick up leaves. The only problem is I need a way to hold all of the grass clippings. My current setup is a dump trailer with a billygoat in the fall to reamove the leaves and grass clippings. I can't use that setup all year because it requires 2 trucks and the dump trailer is used by the landscape crew in the spring and summer. Before I get a bunch of replies about how crazy I am for collecting consider this. I mow 90% high end residential lawns. These homes have elaborate landscapes and small to medium sized lawns. Right now I use 52" side discharge decks to mow the accounts that work fine. The problem is the SD decks get lots of grass in the landscape beds and around trees. Then I have to go back and blow all the grass out of the beds which is impossible to do without blowing some mulch out at the same time. Eventually the tree beds and other areas end up with little to no mulch in them and look like crap. I'm also tired of double and triple cutting lawns to mulch up the clippings and make them look good. My Walker[with GHS] can cut a thick lawn and look good on the first cut without screwing up the landscape and making a mess everywhere. Yes I have demoed several different mulching decks and they just don't work well on the Bluegrass/fescue lawns I cut. The lawns grow way too fast from April till about the end of June for a mulching setup. Even when the hot/dry weather hits most of the people have irrigation and water the crap out of their lawns so they stay thick and green all season.
I guess my Question Mowmoney is, What is the difference between your truck and the Super Lawn Truck?
Old 05-23-2006, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Gasaholic,
Please Email me at GrassMasterTruck@aol.com or PM me.

Thanks,
MowMoney

Last edited by MowMoney; 05-23-2006 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautreaux's LNG
Super Lawn Trucks seemed to be a bit overpriced!

The gate system alone cost what a new mower would! I finally got to see them first had at GIE in Charlotte. Some of the wood "pretty" cabinets with clear plastic fronts would take some abuse with a crew! They actually had a briefcase in a slot inside the bed of the truck like a prop! God know all us lawn care guys need a secure place for our briefcases! They have some good ideas but remember if you have money for a truck like this most likely the owner will not be the operator and a crew can be abusive.
This is pretty funny. SLT does not have a place where you can store your briefcase. It was probably one of the workers using the bin to store their briefcase.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLM-1
How long does it take for that gate to go down...watching that video it seems to take forever. In that time on a postage stamp lawn i would be finished and driving off with my regular trailer ramp gate before that thing was down. I just don't see how it saves time.
The gate takes less than 35 seconds to go up or down.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Grassaholic,

I work in the Chicago-land area where Fescue and Blue grass is predominant and grows thick and quick so I experience the same problems when it comes to mulching. Like you I have found that bagging the clippings is requirement for most of my jobs. First let me say that the SLT is a fine truck. But to answer your question, the biggest difference between the SLT and my truck is the waste bin and the rear gate/ramp. The SLT is very narrow in size and as such you are very limited in volume capacity. My waste bin is much larger in size which will allow you to carry more volume. This is especially crucial for spring clean ups when there is a fair amount of thatch and debris collected and in fall for leaf clean up. It also comes in handy for small mulch jobs and other lite material hauling. You can even slide a pallet in to it if needed. The bin can be built with a volume capacity of nearly 6cy. As for the rear gate/ramp, The SLT gate/ramp moves rather slow, taking some 35 seconds to open or close. If you make as many stops as my crews do in a day (20 to 25) you can imagine how much this will slow you down. For example, 3 men to a crew x 70 seconds(open & close) x 20 stops = 1hr 10sec per day x 6 day = 7 hours per week x your average crew rate (say $12) = a cost of $84.00 per week. Mine on the other hand is opened or closed in under 5 seconds. Using the same formula above your weekly cost is $6.00. A difference of $78.00 per week. I think the larger waste bin in its self is a pretty significant difference. And when you consider the differance between the gate/ramp, it warrants strong consideration.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

do you use walker's and if so how do you empty the walker into the bin?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Member

CAN YOU EMAIL A PICTURE OF THIS GATE CMONTGOMERY@COX-INTERNET.COM
Old 06-22-2006, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Member

can you email me a picture of this gate. cmontgomery2COX-INTERNET.COM