Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-17-2004, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Dodge Ram 3500 Disel.

well, im going monday to look at a 3500 disel 4 door, 4x4 that they have, they have a sale going on, and its a good price, the paper said the sale ended friday, but im going monday to hope they still have it, and if they do ill be getting it!

im so excited! ill be having the biggest truck at school. lol
Old 07-17-2004, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a lot of truck for your age Mark. I'd sure love to have one. Congrats if you get it.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's going to look funny pulling that 5x10 trailer.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

yeah i know its gonna look soo goofy, but itll be good for hauling around large loads for landscape supplies. also, i plan on getting a 16ft trailer in the near future

and ya it is a big truck for a 16 year old. but itll last me a while, and then in a few years ill prolly need another truck so can get another truck like this or bigger lets just hope they keep the sale till monday!
Old 07-17-2004, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

If they are in the business of SELLING cars they should sell it to you for the sale price. Look for any records you can find on the vehicle especially if it is a diesel. They are very fineky about the maintenance and repair methods. Run the numbers to make sure you are getting a good deal, many people try to jack the price on a diesel up right know because of fuel price and reliabilty, oh and I forgot to mention POWER !!! Good luck hope you get a good deal.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

the deal is lease it for 24 months. 1500 down, and 333 a month. its a ram 3500 diesel 4x4 4 door. its awsome, i just hope they have the sale still. then once the lease is up, ill be able to buy it.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

With the rebates, and discounts out right now you shouldn't have to lease for 2 years first. If you can't afford to buy that truck over 72 months then its more truck then you can afford. Over the next 24 months you will spend almost 10K, 9,492 to be exact and you own nothing. All you own is the right to buy the truck at a predetermined price which will probably be the high side of kelly blue book. If you turn the truck in you may get hit for extra miles and they will hit you on any little dent or ding to the body.

So on the lease you have spent 10K over 2 years and own nothing. The buy out on the lease will be around 26K or so maybe even more. So now you have spent about 36K on a truck that you could probably have bought for 34K to start with. So you spent 2K more to lease the truck then buy it used at top dollar because you can't afford it now.

Your in high school do yourself and your credit a favor. Pick up a nice 3/4 ton or 1 ton gas regular cab pick up with am/fm, ac, cloth seat, ect. You can buy a truck like that all day long for less than 25K put down 5K or so and have a payment around 500 a month. The best part is that in 72 month or 6 years you will own the thing. Your a single kid, why do you need a 4 door crew cab?

Geoff

Last edited by GeoffDiamond; 07-18-2004 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Member

It may not be what you want to hear but "Leasing" a vehicle is ot smart thing to do unless you own a big company and have no maintanence skill. You would regret not being able to put as many miles as you want on it.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have one question, why buy a NEW work truck? Or a 1 ton truck for that matter? They ride so rough... I have a '00 GMC 2500 that I paid 11K for and I worry about scratching her up everyday. I would personally buy a used work truck and keep the extra $$$ and put it away. Remember, we're in this business to make money.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 07-19-2004, 06:41 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

geoff i want a 4door because when i run a 6 man crew and i have to pick em up it SUCKS having to make 3 trips to get em!!!

i cant get a new one cause i dont have the 15k or so that ill need upfront. and i figured if i lease something for 2 years, for 333 a month, at the end of the term i can buy it out. and also, i think itll be cheaper than 26k, cause my step dad has a 03 dakota sxt and at the end of the lease his buyout is only 6k. sticker price is 19k and his lease payments are 139 a month