Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-27-2004, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chevyman1
yeah, that new Dixie looks a little awkward...and no one really buys a lot of the first run of something. I'm choosing between a 33 inch Billy Goat (looking at tonight), a 32 in Ferris, and a 36 inch Better Outdoor (our sponsor here)
Chevy...The rain isnt bad. I only work wed-friday, and still got the landscaping job done today, so it wasnt that bad. Now it has really kicked in. Supposed to be nice though wed-friday for cutting.

Chevy..I would highly recommend against a 33". I havent looked at the billy goat, but if it was ANYTHING like the 33"WB troybilt i had it was a piece. The only good thing that came of that was i sold it for more than i paid for it. I just bought a 36" gear and that shaved two hours off of time for this past week. NOT BAD! Next year i am selling it and buying a hydro for even better production.

Trevor
Old 07-27-2004, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

really, interesting thanks! I will keep that in mind
Old 07-27-2004, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

rain hasn't stopped up here since midnight last night.

maybe KS hit the lottery. wouldn't that make some of us look silly
Old 07-27-2004, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys I am not trying to be an azz or be low class, I could just tell from the way he said not to ask for any explanation that he was giving up and not going on to greener things, I just hate to see people pour Time and Effort Cash and sweat into a business and then shut it down, I have actually talked 2 of my buddies into keeping their businesses and now they are sucessfull

Enclosed White trailer made up like billboard.
Toro 37 inch Proline WB
Toro 52 inch ZTR
Toro 21 inch Personal Pace
Snapper 21 inch Bagger
3 Stihl Weedwackers
3 Stihl Hedge Trimmers
2 Stihl Stick Edgers
2 Stihl BackPack blowers
1 Backpack sprayer
2 fertilizer spreaders
And all the Hand Tools
Old 07-27-2004, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Firstclasslawn
Hey guys I am not trying to be an azz or be low class, I could just tell from the way he said not to ask for any explanation that he was giving up and not going on to greener things, I just hate to see people pour Time and Effort Cash and sweat into a business and then shut it down, I have actually talked 2 of my buddies into keeping their businesses and now they are sucessfull
Firstclass your such a mean guy, how dare you try to talk this kid into keeping his Business! If I was KS I would shut this thread down and go put up some flyers. BTW KS how much are you selling your shirts for, and maybe your tiedowns, I think I might be able to use those too. You guys are some freakin' vultures! Good luck with your future indeavors, never give up on your dreams!
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victor nor defeat.”

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 01-28-2013, 06:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Follow up 8 1/2 years later

Hey guys.... just came across this thread of when I went out of business in 2004. A lot has changed since then and I figured I would share my experiences since.

The main reason I quit business back then is my spouse had Cystic Fibrosis and was waiting for a double lung transplant donor... And needed my care along with my 2 children which one is autistic.

I sold everything off, paid debts, banked the rest and carried on. She received her double lung transplant in 07.. Which at the time was a success... Was good for first year... second year ran into complications and by Jan 2010 had passed away at age 33 at home surrounded by loved ones.

I don't regret getting out for the reasons I chose to... But the passion was still there.

Since Jan 2010 I have sold my house, worked as construction foreman for a fairly big local landscaping company, managed another.... Ultimately ending up back to my own again.

K&S Landscape is no more. I am now KLC Lawn & Landscaping... second year in and rebuilding. I have met another woman and now combined 2 families and have a clear head and optimistic outlook for the future.

I have so far built a really tight small mowing route and working solo/semi-solo am generating enough to live off of.

Just figured this would be an interesting read for anyone considering leaving their business. I do miss the business that I had.... however the time I gained could never have been replaced.

Ken
KLC Lawn & Landscaping
www.klclandscape.com
Old 01-28-2013, 06:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck and may Karma and the Lord bring you and yours happiness.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck Ken.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC LAWN View Post
Hey guys.... just came across this thread of when I went out of business in 2004. A lot has changed since then and I figured I would share my experiences since.

The main reason I quit business back then is my spouse had Cystic Fibrosis and was waiting for a double lung transplant donor... And needed my care along with my 2 children which one is autistic.

I sold everything off, paid debts, banked the rest and carried on. She received her double lung transplant in 07.. Which at the time was a success... Was good for first year... second year ran into complications and by Jan 2010 had passed away at age 33 at home surrounded by loved ones.

I don't regret getting out for the reasons I chose to... But the passion was still there.

Since Jan 2010 I have sold my house, worked as construction foreman for a fairly big local landscaping company, managed another.... Ultimately ending up back to my own again.

K&S Landscape is no more. I am now KLC Lawn & Landscaping... second year in and rebuilding. I have met another woman and now combined 2 families and have a clear head and optimistic outlook for the future.

I have so far built a really tight small mowing route and working solo/semi-solo am generating enough to live off of.

Just figured this would be an interesting read for anyone considering leaving their business. I do miss the business that I had.... however the time I gained could never have been replaced.

Ken
KLC Lawn & Landscaping
www.klclandscape.com
I saw this thred was 2004, youve been hit hard, WAY TO KEP YOUR HEAD UP.
Mabey if you have time you could start a new thred on how the lawn business has changed over the last 10 years.

Good luck and Gods speed.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry to hear of the trials and tribulations in your life, and hope the future remains bright.