Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-24-2004, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lookin for a thread, help please?

There was a thread with pic's of a new mower coming out soon with articulating wings. It was like Lasco or Lesco or something or other. I cant remember what it was exactly, but a dealer buddy of mine wants to see that thread. Can someone with a clue (this voids me out ) help me find that dang thread? The wings articulated like 13". Thanks ya'll.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry I can not help with the question but I have one of my own.
In the story on testing the TT 60" you made coment about the ECS and how it would bang your hand into a tree. Why did you say that and what are you comparing it to? I have a metro 48 w/ECS and a proline w/pistol. I feel the ECS is set well inboard and for me and better than pistol. What other options are there that would work better than the ECS. Thanks for the answer and it was a good report.
By the way, I saw one yesterday, for the first time, at my dealers. Your comment about it being big was right on. Was sitting next to a 36" Viking and was 2x's the size. Thanks again Sorry I could not help you.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.lastec.com/

was this the company you were thinking of?
Old 07-24-2004, 06:01 PM
Senior Moderator

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ghlight=lastec
Old 07-24-2004, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

First off Jodi and Matt, yes and Thank YOu. I could only think of Lesco when i was searching but i knew that wasnt it. Thank you thank you thank you. Man i feel dumb.

PM Lawn:
I was not complaining about the ecs. I like them very much. My goal is to try and break down the machine for anyone that might be new to them. ECS has claimed some knuckles and such if you turn too close to low hanging branches and the such. It is hard to explain, but i myself wracked them pretty good on an apple tree. Was just giving a point to keep in mind if you were new to that type of controls. It is also hard to get some of the "overlaying"messages after editing. That article was over 5 pages that i typed. I think it was two after editing. Some subtleties got lost. Sorry. Did you try and change the deck height? If not, try that next time you are at the dealers. That was my main beef with the machine over all. Any other question please feel free to PM too. Thanks for the input. Glad you liked the article.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks Acute, Yes the editing can twist the message. I'm always looking for the easier/better thing so thought I might be missing something.

Did not try the deck but I know my 48 is not light so I would believe that the 60 is a bear to lift. And with that 1/4" handle, I bet that leaves a mark.