Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-25-2004, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Celebrity Customers

Anybody out there cut for any celebrities? I mean, big name athletes, musicians, media personalities? Just curious...
Old 07-25-2004, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I do the local weather guy. He does a lot of work himself. But I do his snow plowing. I also do the mowing when he is on vacation. I get personal snow storm updates, which is nice. He is a really nice guy. Drives a F-350 most of us would kill for. His wife has a matching F-250.

48"/56" WALKER GHS 26hp EFI

Kubota B7500 Tractor with loader, blower, cab, box, aerator

F-350 Dump w/ plow and spreader

Brown BedEdger For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCreek
My favorite reason to own a walker, because it makes others jealous
Old 07-25-2004, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Member

i mow a yard near brad pitts parents house have not seen him or jennifer yet though. i will keep my eye out though
Old 07-25-2004, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'd like to see Jennifer too...I don't have anyone of note right now, at my old job we did several Redskins over the years, Darrell Green, Joe Jacoby, Ken Harvey and Charles Mann. Ray Rhodes too when he coached here for one season. And I personally worked with Joe Theismann's son, Joe Jr. (but that's a whole 'nother thread)

Ken Harvey actually invited me into his house to check out his phat new stereo system. Had it wired into each room of the house. I guess he was desperate to show it to somebody...
Old 07-25-2004, 01:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

All I can say is it's a long drive to Crawford Tx. from DFW. I've said too much already disregard my post. I'm just kidding I don't even know where Crawford is, got it I'm just kidding ignore me.

Get out NOW
Old 07-25-2004, 03:30 AM
LawnSite Member

my buddies mow stone cold steve austin's yard, but he has another estate that they are trying to get... infact, i think he has two other that they are trying to get, but anyways, yeah, thats about it...

if it ain't broke, drink till it is
Old 07-25-2004, 03:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've done several local celebrities over the Yrs. Mostly sports related...some business.

George Gervin, Terry Cummings, Larry Brown...all formerly of San Antonio Spurs. Friend usta do David Robinsons mansion/estate...he was written up in the paper once for having the highest water bill in San Antonio, which my buddy set all the timing for...lol.

Have done a few others big names...it's really no big deal, 'cept when someone asks..."do you do anyone famous?"

One of the most extravagant houses I ever did was for a former pro Basketball Star named Benoit Benjamin. He was a 7' basketball star who was playing for the LA Clippers (If I remember correctly) at the time, but married a San Antonio girl and had his house here.

Well, I do several homes in this exclusive community in San Antonio (Shavano Park), where this monstrosity of a house was.

You had to see this house...blue tile roof, white rock with statues all over the place. One of the wierdest things about it was...they had lined the whole yard/grass area...with freakin' BLUE MARBLE. Along the driveways, along the street...everywhere there was grass, it had a 1' edge of blue marble....god, it was awful!

Well, Benoit's wife saw me doing some yards, and asked me to give an estimate...so I went over. She invited me in to give her an estimate, and she showed me the house.

Oh my God!

The living room had a huge wall sized tv with full size video arcade games lining all the walls. Benoit was on the couch with their baby watching TV...didn't say 2 words to me.

She took me through the house to the kitchen, and I got see quite a lot of it. This house had to be over 15,000 sq ft, and was amazing in its extravagance.

The most unique thing was...he had a "workout" are that was built on the backside of the house, kinda like a huge "florida room, all glassed in and such. Well, this thing had a freakin' creek running through it! Complete with a wooden bridge spanning it and gazebo at then end! Sorta reminded me of a Japanese Garden. Workout machines all over the place...unbelievable.

But what got me the most about the house, what was totally unexpected and made me almost lose it...was the absolute filth everywhere!

It stank, it was dirty, it was messy. Every inch of that 15,000 sq ft + was trashed. I have never seen anything like it in my life. It was really disgusting.

The house itself, was so overdone (blue marble edging?!), that, even tho it prolly was the most expensive, lavishly built home in the neighborhood...it was also its biggest eyesore. The neighbors hated it...everyone hated it.

And I was now mowing it

The gig only lasted for about a yr. Benoit couldn't hack it anymore in the NBA, and finally, no team wanted him (his rap was that he was lazy and never put in the effort needed)...and he ended up playing in some B-League making peanuts.

I don't like trashing former clients....but, they still owe me 600$ in back bills, so... They sold the house...and I have no idea where they are now.

I still do some of the neighbors, and a new owner has taken over the house....and immediately tore out the blue marble edging.

Everyone's happy

Last edited by SouthernFried; 07-25-2004 at 03:52 AM.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:52 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I live in Race City USA so I do some NASCAR guys and 2 shops.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:56 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I once tried to get T. G. Shepard's (county music star and local performer) place, but I gave up.

you oughta see his ole lady.....6 foot tall....$100k rack....about 25 years younger than him.......

GEO
Old 07-25-2004, 07:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We use to cut in Bloomfield Hills,which is where must celebs live in the Detroit area,and we cut Aretha Franklin,Lee Iacocca,sports figures Bill Freehan, Lance Parrish and Kirk Gibson just to name a few...