Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-26-2004, 07:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

clutch replacement on laser hp

I want to order a spare clutch and the supplier said they needed the number off of the clutch. What is involved in removing the clutch? Does the pulley on the engined need to be removed first?
Old 07-26-2004, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

That is B.S. Your Lazer dealer should have the part number on hand. The numbers on the clutch are most of the time put on a little sticker that comes off 5 minutes after you start it up. A electric PTO clutch can run from $100 to $300. May I ask why you want a spare for? It can be a real mess getting the clutch off. In fact some times it is destroyed in the removal because it can stick on the shaft and there is little is any way to put a puller on it without destroying it. That pulley is MADE to the clutch. It is part of the clutch. It all has to come off together as a unit. If you still want to get a spare then go get the manual for your machine. You may be able to get it on line. Then get the Lazer number and any supplier should be able to cross reference it to there number. Never take a electric PTO clutch off unless you have no other choice because it can be a real mess getting off and ALWAYS use some type of anti-seize when putting it back on.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you fixer

I was going to order a spare from J-Thomas with my next big order. The mower has about 400 hrs and thought it would be nice to have a spare when the clutch went. J-Thomas insisted that they needed the number off of the clutch. Maybe I will just wait until it goes and hope my dealer has one in stock.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You may get lucky and the sticker still be there but I would be surprised if it was. Get a small mirror and a flashlight. The sticker will be on top most likely. Can you find the Lazer part number any where for the clutch? If you can find that number then maybe some one can cross it for you.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I noticed on exmark's online parts catolog that there is only one part number for the laser hp clutch so I am going to give them that one. Thanks for all your help.

-Scott