Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-26-2004, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Special logo in proposal

So I figured out who to talk to in the Target chain in my area in order to bid next year. Besides awesome stripes (which by the way the other company in there now does a poor job of), I was trying to think of how I can differentiate my product. It hit me this weekend watching the Mets game and I'm writing in the special idea. For the Targets in my area, they have one large 3-4 acre hillsides of lawn facing the store. With a special roller, we are going to put the Target bullseye in the lawn facing their customers each time, should be sweet and I hope I win this bid in the worst way. Could be the "niche" my startup company needs next year for commercial accounts. We can roll the names into commerical lawns and just put the extra cost into the bid itself. imagine, KMart, WalMart, Target bullseye, etc...or a pic of the flag on the fourth of july, etc...what do you think>
Old 07-26-2004, 12:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds like a great idea, but I think it would work more on the small company side, and not the target type. Only reason I say this is those types of store try to keep everything to the cheapest price they can get. What you are offering seems to be for someone interested in a high end look, and willing to pay for it. I'm sure they'd love it if you did it for free, but not sure what they'd be willing to pay extra for it.

Hope it works out for you though, as I think it is a good idea, just have to find the right group to market it to!
Old 07-26-2004, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good Idea! BUT be careful or mindful of two things.

1. This may count against their signage sq. ft. with the town zoning codes and could put them over their limit giving them a fine.

2. Big companies are very protective of their logos. There are exacting ratio's that need to be followed when reproducing them.

Like the idea though. Go with it...