Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-15-2005, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMowIt
You should read the entire thread before making misinformed posts! Take a look at the website: www.justmowit.com. Actually take the time to read the pricing schedule, fleet pictures (will be updated 3/05),etc....

We are no fools.........1.4M gross mowing sales in 2004.
You really should do something about that website. It doesn't look like it is owned by a million dollar business. It might just be my browser, but all I get is a page with content all out of tilt, and no links to any other content. I have a good designer if you want his info? He did my site Click Here

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy
You really should do something about that website. It doesn't look like it is owned by a million dollar business. It might just be my browser, but all I get is a page with content all out of tilt, and no links to any other content. I have a good designer if you want his info? He did my site Click Here
I agree. There are quite a few misspelled words and hard to understand lines. If you change some of the wording around, it would be a lot easier to read.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Soupy, I really like your billing log in information. What kind of information did you provide for the designer to design the site? How much did it cost to make that site and how much are your hosting charges? Who hosts it? What do you have to do to enter in past billing information or what the person currently owes?
Old 01-15-2005, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy
Must be the browser, it has multiple pages and links. The site is doing something right, we signed up 190 new accounts off the website in 2004. I think there is a huge misunderstanding about websites, the value is in how easy your site is to find in searches versus how "award" winning the design is!
Old 01-15-2005, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALarsh
I agree. There are quite a few misspelled words and hard to understand lines. If you change some of the wording around, it would be a lot easier to read.
I agree, some of the wording could be better, but once again it brings in the orders & is very easy to find in searches.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMowIt
Must be the browser, it has multiple pages and links. The site is doing something right, we signed up 190 new accounts off the website in 2004. I think there is a huge misunderstanding about websites, the value is in how easy your site is to find in searches versus how "award" winning the design is!
I use Explorer, all I get is a blue page with your logo (sign) at the top then a big square with some info (which the bottom is cut off) and then two rectangles below that which has nothing but a little red square (missing picture). I wasn't trying to knock your site.

trial here.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Justmowit, here is a screen shot of what I get. I use Windows XP and what ever version of Explorer that comes with it. I don't usually have problems opening sites.

I agree with the need for searches, but that has nothing to do with the design. Those are done with megatags etc. My site is just as much for existing customers as for attracting new customers. It is a tool.

trial here.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Soupy - no answer to my questions?
Old 01-15-2005, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Soupy, not sure if the settings are wrong on your browser, but when I access Justmowit web page, it comes up with no problem, including the links and multiple pages. What you captured just barely resembles what I get by accessing the website.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALarsh
Soupy - no answer to my questions?
Sorry, I overlooked your post. Do me a favor and send me a PM and I will reply. I don't want to hijack this thread anymore.

trial here.