Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-02-2000, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a new maintenance trailer that I am sending in next week to have all of the extras put on it. I purchased a Jungle Jim Trimmer / Blower rack that I am going to have a ladder rack installed to sit on top. It has a large cage on the front already. I also am going to have water jug rack, spare tire bracket, shelf for herbicide tanks, etc. I also am going to have a secured toolbox welded on and a fire extinguisher and First Aid with MSDS notebook unsecured. All of the weedeaters, blowers, etc will be on the passenger side so the drivers side of the trailer will remain open for convience when loading/unloading mowers (this trailer will only carry walk behinds). The gate will probably need to be lengthened because I have noticed the wbs drag when unloading. What are some additional things that you have found on your trailer that improve efficiency, increase safety, etc? My goal is to work smarter and keep the truck bed open for materials and yard waste and keep the trailer floor open for mowers. <p>Thanks,<p>MM
Old 06-02-2000, 08:45 PM
Banned

It depends on which side of the property you park on. The safe way is on passenger side, work wise is on driver side.
Old 06-02-2000, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Safety is the number one priority so all the racks and equipment will be on the passenger side. Thanks
Old 06-02-2000, 08:58 PM
Lawnsite Addict

have a 30 gallon DOT approved gas installed that way only once or twice a week fillups are needed.<p>----------<br>paul<br>
Old 06-02-2000, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Any ideas where a gas can should go since tongue weight is an issue and we don't want to waste floor space? Currently their is a basket on the tongue that holds a five gallon can and two 1 gallon mix cans. I keep extra full cans at the shop so the guys leave each morning with a full 5 gallon can.<p>Thanks, MM.<br>
Old 06-03-2000, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Check OSHA and your states DOT standards before spending a bundle on a fuel container that large. They have quite a bit of rules against that if I recall correctly. You might have to have a hazmat license, etc. <p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 06-03-2000, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

If the container is over 7.5 gal, the vehicle is required to be placarded, and the driver of the vehicle must posess a valid CDL and medical card.<p>Bill
Old 06-03-2000, 08:21 PM
Lawnsite Addict

Ok guys Hasmat needed (by federal law) on any hasardous material over 100 gallons. <br>but tank must be DOT approved.<p>----------<br>paul<br>