Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-14-2004, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Want to buy - Mower (ZTR) for church

Want to buy - Mower for church.
My church is still in need of a good, reliable mower. We mow about 2-3 acres, mainly flat property, with obstacles to maneuver (building, lots of small trees and landscape). Our current mower (15 year old Murray Garden Tractor, 46" cut) is now working (yeah), but it is a beating to ride and does not do well.

I'm interested in getting either a front or zero turn mower, with at least a 48" deck that can be set at least up to 4.5". I'd prefer a mower with a non-Briggs/Stratton engine. The mower needs to be in good working order and have a good service history.

The front models that I've been interested in are mainly John Deere F725/735 and F667. The zero turns that I've been interested in are John Deere z-trak 717a/727, Scag Tiger Cub eXmark HP and Kubota. There are local dealers for each near the church. I've been checking ebay, but thought I'd try here.

The church can make a cash offer (up to $3000) and to further compensate, the church can provide a donation slip that you can fill out for the difference between an appraised value of the machine and the cash offer. This difference can then be used as a donation write-off.

My church is located in Allen, TX 75002. I would prefer the mower be local so that I can view it prior to purchase.

Church website: www.faith-church.org

Thanks,
Jim

Please PM if you can help!