Register free!

Old 08-18-2004, 07:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

drive out of a perma green?

has any body ever sprayed drive out of their perma green? was thinking of mixing in large tank and filling perma green with it to use. says on the label to spray out of low pressure equip. if it can be used in a backpack sprayer will it be alright in the perma green?
Old 08-18-2004, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I sprayed drive a few days ago w/sticker. It worked fine no problems with the Permagreen. I would try to use the whole batch at one time to avoid settling over night. That might clog the filter.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I plan on using Drive within the next few days through my PG. I will post the results.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't used it in the PG because of how the drive settles out in its mixture. I would think it will eventually gum up the small flo-jet pump to a point you'll be repalcing it a lot quicker. Figure its much easier to spot treat with drive , especially when your trying to target specific plants.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Member

How many oz of drive should be used per gallon thru permagreen? I was caculated 5oz per gallon but wanted to make sure what others were using first.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-14-2012, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I switched to XLR8 liquid haven't burned out a pump. I tried out of PG with poor results at the high rate. I don't think the plant gets wet enough. I used sticker instead of MSO which didn't help I'm sure.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I have had good luck in the past with drive out of a PG. Like was said before use the whole mixture it will settle and turn into a mess and a waste of product. I usually only added a few gal. then the drive and mso and mixed with a stick. Then filled the rest of the tank up. Go in low gear as you need good coverage with drive. It won't work as well as hand spraying but will do an acceptable job.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was thinking that PG doesn't put out enough volume at hi speed to make XLR8 effective. Low speed is an option for sure. Calibrate correctly.

You don't need MSO with XLR8. I used a non ionic out of a backpack and toasted mature crab within a week.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 08-15-2012, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Good to hear you had pretty good results with it out the permagreen. I have no choice but to give it a try the lawn is 30k square feet and the customer just signed up so it didn't get pre-emergent and is covered in crabgrass. It would take forever to spray with backpack and I don't have a big tank sprayer so hopefully I get a decent result thru the permagreen and if I have to touch spots up with backpack I will.

I am going to use 4oz of drive per gallon out of permagreen with hawkeye nonionic sticker. I was going to drive in high gear and just overlap heavy but maybe I will just ride it in low gear like you did since you had good results.

Thanks again!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox View Post
I have had good luck in the past with drive out of a PG. Like was said before use the whole mixture it will settle and turn into a mess and a waste of product. I usually only added a few gal. then the drive and mso and mixed with a stick. Then filled the rest of the tank up. Go in low gear as you need good coverage with drive. It won't work as well as hand spraying but will do an acceptable job.

How many oz of drive did you mix per gallon of water for your permagreen?