Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-27-2004, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Member

It happened again!!!

I would have thought I would have learned my lesson by now,

ALWAYS HAVE TWO TRUCKS!!!

My 1st year in business I ended up wrecking a new dodge ram right before fall cleanups. My thought was that I would just rent a uhaul truck when need. As time went on I got really expensive but at the time I didn't have enough money to buy a good used truck.

Then comes the second year.

I Bought an F350 and later also purchesed an F150. The year went great. Some minor things went wrong with the trucks but never at the same time which was great.

3rd year, this year.

Well I wanted to down size some and wanted to just cut grass this year so keeped the F150 and got a trailer and sould the F350. Well, I guess by now what I'm going to say, my f150 is now down and I'm kicking my self you know where.

My point for this post is, I'm a smuck and admitting it. With that being said, all who have only one work truck, budet for a second.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey don't get upset its not worth it. I'm lucky enough to have a spare just because my 3 businesses but if I only did the LC I'd just have one that I needed every day. Not to many guys can afford having a truck sitting around. My main company is an oil business, I have a spare that sits around most of the year and it kills me to spent the money on insurance (which I only put on during the heating season), registration, inspection, ect. but its has saved my butt a couple times. However, thats a little different then a business needing a pick-up.

The dealers around here have some real swett deals on new truck and even used. The discounts and interest are awsome, even the terms on a new one go real long know. Have you looked into that? Do you have a relative or friend that will help you out for a while??

Good Luck!!