Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-01-2004, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Website situation hits bottom - Web server mass cancels !!

My second website just got cancelled by the server:

WebhostingBuzz.com

Not just my site, but many.

My www.mdvaden.com is still fine.

That server was hacked into, and even lost their backup drives due to serious drive corruption.

They are blaming individual websites as security risks, but declined to send information on how a website enabled hackers or spammers to access the depths of their hard drives.

The website where we got their name, has them listed for this last month as having "0" downtime - zero. We double checked that just minutes ago.

They had so much downtime, they sent emails stating that they were having to issue a full months service refund for not meeting their up time guarantee.

So the website with the reliability statistics is not providing the right statistics.

If I recommended this service to any of you, I must recall it. We are not saying that the company is a bad one. But there is no evidence it's reliable either.

We just saw so many other issues the past few weeks our heads were spinning.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 09-02-2004, 03:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like I'm going to scrap the www.askanarborist.com site.

I asked the webmaster of my main site mdvaden.com to add a page for my articles, which was my main interest anyhow.

The second site our son did for me just happened to be adapted with a forum. It did suck-down a bit of my time. Maybe I'm better off with just the first site, and let someone else do a forum.

Anyone need a domain name

I can't say the PHP NUKE is a bad deal, but what I've read and learned the past week, is that it's a targeted type of site.

It looks like I was dealing with a website type that had weak areas, plus a server that had weak security too. There's no getting around the fact that the web hosting companies hard drive - I mean even their backup drive - got corrupted from the hack attack.

So I'm going back to my reliable site just like many of us go back to that old reliable piece of machinery we use in our landscape work.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 09-20-2004, 02:00 AM
LawnSite Member

I have my domain hosted at www.dreamhost.com and I've never had a problem. They have their downtime but any good host would I'd think. (I've never even seen the downtime I just get e-mails saying the servers gonna be down. lol)