Register free!

Old 09-01-2004, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

funny looking grass?

I have a few lawn that are getting a odd type of grass in it. It appears as if an ornimental grass is forming in the lawn, and spreading throughout. The grass looks like a ryegrass that is being torn. Maybe by dull blades or weedwhipper? Any way of controling this?
Old 09-01-2004, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think your questions are a little to vauge, you would be best to post a few photos of trouble spots, Or hire a pro to help you with your lawns.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

lol, i am the pro thanks for asking. Just having some problems today. just wonderin if anyone else has the same problems
Old 09-01-2004, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont mean any disrespect by this, but by judging by your questions i get the feeling your not a " turf pro"

I work for many landscapers that have very successful lawn mowing businesses but dont know anything about turf grass.

I meet many customers during the course of the year that have been fed some wrong info on turf problems by people that just dont know what there talking about.

Im not saying this is you, however, I would venture a guess if you where a licensed applicator with experience you would know what that " funny looking grass" was. Or what would be causing those yellow spots.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i am a licensed applicator actually. Just new at it, and am having some problems with a couple of things i have never seen.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lawnboy
i am a licensed applicator actually. Just new at it, and am having some problems with a couple of things i have never seen.
What part of MI do you service? If you want me to come by and take a look I would be happy to. And I promise I won't try to steal your customer?

How long have you been in the application biz?
Old 09-02-2004, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James Cormier
i dont mean any disrespect by this, but by judging by your questions i get the feeling your not a " turf pro"

I work for many landscapers that have very successful lawn mowing businesses but dont know anything about turf grass.

I meet many customers during the course of the year that have been fed some wrong info on turf problems by people that just dont know what there talking about.

Im not saying this is you, however, I would venture a guess if you where a licensed applicator with experience you would know what that " funny looking grass" was. Or what would be causing those yellow spots.
Nice condescention.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Mr. Lawnboy, If you own a computer try typing in Michigan turf grass, your state should have a web site with more info than you would ever want to know. This is a Great forum but sometimes you have to do a little homework.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

here is the pic....
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2004, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i'm on the other side of the state of michigan by kalamazoo. First year at this, just trying to learn. (james)