Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
View Poll Results: Opinion on Reputation Points
Bad Idea, they need to go 27 49.09%
Let's wait and see how they work 24 43.64%
I love them 4 7.27%
They could work, but need some adjustment 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-07-2004, 09:55 PM
tiedeman's Avatar
tiedeman tiedeman is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: earth
Posts: 8,753
Reputation Points need to Go

Ok, already I have received a negative point for this comment...come on give me a break. Already I am against the reputation thingy. I feel that if you are going to give a negative mark, then leave a comment why.

I http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=10

I hate to say this Jodi and Matt, but this is going to drive people away from the site. Right now I have lost a lot of interest in the site because of the charges in regards to the format and the reputation points.

Does anybody else feel the same way?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-07-2004, 10:20 PM
1MajorTom's Avatar
1MajorTom 1MajorTom is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,097
tiedeman,
I respect your opinion a lot, you are a welcome addition to the forum.
Your concerns are my concerns believe it or not.
I knew we would be getting this feature before the upgrade took place. I addressed my comments and thoughts to Sean about this asking him to actually not include the reputation feature here at Lawnsite. He is very easy to talk to, he listens, and agreed that if used improperly, the rating system would not work well. He said though that we were to give it a try here, so as with anything, I like to give things a fair chance. It hasn't even been a week yet. There have been 96 ratings, of those 18 have been negative. This is being monitored closely.
Sean will listen to everyone, he is here to make Lawnsite an enjoyable experience for everyone. This is just another feature that is being tested out.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2004, 10:40 PM
tiedeman's Avatar
tiedeman tiedeman is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: earth
Posts: 8,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
tiedeman,
I respect your opinion a lot, you are a welcome addition to the forum.
Your concerns are my concerns believe it or not.
I knew we would be getting this feature before the upgrade took place. I addressed my comments and thoughts to Sean about this asking him to actually not include the reputation feature here at Lawnsite. He is very easy to talk to, he listens, and agreed that if used improperly, the rating system would not work well. He said though that we were to give it a try here, so as with anything, I like to give things a fair chance. It hasn't even been a week yet. There have been 96 ratings, of those 18 have been negative. This is being monitored closely.
Sean will listen to everyone, he is here to make Lawnsite an enjoyable experience for everyone. This is just another feature that is being tested out.

I appreciate your comment and I respect it. I love the site and I love that a great bunch of people (you and Matt) run it. I just don't want it to become a negative area with a lot of hurt feelings. Everybody should be able to make a comment without worrying that someone will give them a positive or negative feedback on it. I do appreciate though that you two talked about it before, and if needed will remove it.
Like I said before, I love the site, I just don't want it to go in the wrong direction
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-07-2004, 10:45 PM
dvmcmrhp52's Avatar
dvmcmrhp52 dvmcmrhp52 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pa.
Posts: 4,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiedeman
Ok, already I have received a negative point for this comment...come on give me a break. Already I am against the reputation thingy. I feel that if you are going to give a negative mark, then leave a comment why.

I http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=10

I hate to say this Jodi and Matt, but this is going to drive people away from the site. Right now I have lost a lot of interest in the site because of the charges in regards to the format and the reputation points.

Does anybody else feel the same way?



I'm inclined to agree somewhat.
Reputation points????
Childish nonsense.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-07-2004, 10:51 PM
tiedeman's Avatar
tiedeman tiedeman is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: earth
Posts: 8,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmcmrhp52
I'm inclined to agree somewhat.
Reputation points????
Childish nonsense.

well, guess what?? I have received another negative comment for the post in the link above
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-07-2004, 10:53 PM
dvmcmrhp52's Avatar
dvmcmrhp52 dvmcmrhp52 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pa.
Posts: 4,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiedeman
well, guess what?? I have received another negative comment for the post in the link above




Tiedeman,
I've only one thing to say................B.S.
It's nothing but a game.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-07-2004, 10:54 PM
tiedeman's Avatar
tiedeman tiedeman is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: earth
Posts: 8,753
Now down to 4 Points!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-07-2004, 10:54 PM
fga's Avatar
fga fga is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.I., NY
Posts: 2,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiedeman
well, guess what?? I have received another negative comment for the post in the link above
that's not right at all. i admit its early and we should atleast try it out, but that's wrong that you get a negative for having an opinion, especially with a person who has obviously participated alot on this site.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-08-2004, 01:49 AM
odin odin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
Posts: 1,783
I looked at my negative rated posts all i can see are from off topic .


this tread was rated negative by somebody for nothing but politilical opinion differences


http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...555#post783555
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-08-2004, 05:27 AM
crawdad's Avatar
crawdad crawdad is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Crawdad Holler, TN
Posts: 1,942
Have a point on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiedeman
Now down to 4 Points!!!!
It says you are on a distinguished road, so someone must be giving you positives. I've got none either way. I guess my posts are not being read.
Tell ya what, I'll give you a point, I'd better hurry, and do it while I still can.
I originally thought it was a little bit of a foolish idea, but now that I've seen the "title list" I think it's beyond that. Way beyond.
Crawdad
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:42 AM.

Page generated in 0.15538 seconds with 8 queries