Bad Idea, they need to go 27 49.09%
Let's wait and see how they work 24 43.64%
I love them 4 7.27%
They could work, but need some adjustment 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2004, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Reputation Points need to Go

Ok, already I have received a negative point for this comment...come on give me a break. Already I am against the reputation thingy. I feel that if you are going to give a negative mark, then leave a comment why.

I http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=10

I hate to say this Jodi and Matt, but this is going to drive people away from the site. Right now I have lost a lot of interest in the site because of the charges in regards to the format and the reputation points.

Does anybody else feel the same way?
Old 09-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Senior Moderator

tiedeman,
I respect your opinion a lot, you are a welcome addition to the forum.
Your concerns are my concerns believe it or not.
I knew we would be getting this feature before the upgrade took place. I addressed my comments and thoughts to Sean about this asking him to actually not include the reputation feature here at Lawnsite. He is very easy to talk to, he listens, and agreed that if used improperly, the rating system would not work well. He said though that we were to give it a try here, so as with anything, I like to give things a fair chance. It hasn't even been a week yet. There have been 96 ratings, of those 18 have been negative. This is being monitored closely.
Sean will listen to everyone, he is here to make Lawnsite an enjoyable experience for everyone. This is just another feature that is being tested out.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
tiedeman,
I respect your opinion a lot, you are a welcome addition to the forum.
Your concerns are my concerns believe it or not.
I knew we would be getting this feature before the upgrade took place. I addressed my comments and thoughts to Sean about this asking him to actually not include the reputation feature here at Lawnsite. He is very easy to talk to, he listens, and agreed that if used improperly, the rating system would not work well. He said though that we were to give it a try here, so as with anything, I like to give things a fair chance. It hasn't even been a week yet. There have been 96 ratings, of those 18 have been negative. This is being monitored closely.
Sean will listen to everyone, he is here to make Lawnsite an enjoyable experience for everyone. This is just another feature that is being tested out.

I appreciate your comment and I respect it. I love the site and I love that a great bunch of people (you and Matt) run it. I just don't want it to become a negative area with a lot of hurt feelings. Everybody should be able to make a comment without worrying that someone will give them a positive or negative feedback on it. I do appreciate though that you two talked about it before, and if needed will remove it.
Like I said before, I love the site, I just don't want it to go in the wrong direction
Old 09-07-2004, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiedeman
Ok, already I have received a negative point for this comment...come on give me a break. Already I am against the reputation thingy. I feel that if you are going to give a negative mark, then leave a comment why.

I http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=10

I hate to say this Jodi and Matt, but this is going to drive people away from the site. Right now I have lost a lot of interest in the site because of the charges in regards to the format and the reputation points.

Does anybody else feel the same way?

I'm inclined to agree somewhat.
Reputation points????
Childish nonsense.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmcmrhp52
I'm inclined to agree somewhat.
Reputation points????
Childish nonsense.

well, guess what?? I have received another negative comment for the post in the link above
Old 09-07-2004, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
well, guess what?? I have received another negative comment for the post in the link above

Tiedeman,
I've only one thing to say................B.S.
It's nothing but a game.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Now down to 4 Points!!!!
Old 09-07-2004, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
that's not right at all. i admit its early and we should atleast try it out, but that's wrong that you get a negative for having an opinion, especially with a person who has obviously participated alot on this site.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:49 AM

Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
I looked at my negative rated posts all i can see are from off topic .

this tread was rated negative by somebody for nothing but politilical opinion differences

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...555#post783555
Old 09-08-2004, 05:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Have a point on me

Quote:
Now down to 4 Points!!!!
It says you are on a distinguished road, so someone must be giving you positives. I've got none either way. I guess my posts are not being read.
Tell ya what, I'll give you a point, I'd better hurry, and do it while I still can.
I originally thought it was a little bit of a foolish idea, but now that I've seen the "title list" I think it's beyond that. Way beyond.
Crawdad