View Poll Results: Opinion on Reputation Points
Bad Idea, they need to go 27 49.09%
Let's wait and see how they work 24 43.64%
I love them 4 7.27%
They could work, but need some adjustment 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2004, 07:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I vote to just take it out now, from the beginning, and don't stir things up. I think this is a bad idea.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:33 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I've been saying that all along. This was a bad idea and will do nothing but drive people away with the childish games people will automatically play with this sort of thing. Get rid of it.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine's not working. It's not showing any points for me. Something must be wrong. Please fix this, there's no telling how many points I'm not receiving. I should be waay up there by now.
Crawdad, the pointless one
Old 09-08-2004, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

tiedeman--hey man....I clicked to give you some points...kinda like CPR without the rescue breathing....!

and crawdad--what's your point???? lol.

GEO
Old 09-08-2004, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

i want it gone. thier is no reason why we need it here, this is a lawn care forum where we all help one another. all of us give what we have to offer to others and help in any way we can. why should we have to be rated on what we say, is this the olympics???

some advice and ideas members give will be good, and others will not, thats just how it goes, but this rathing idea is not a good one by any means, it should be gone.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Posted by Proenterprises:
some advice and ideas members give will be good, and others will not, thats just how it goes, but this rathing idea is not a good one by any means, it should be gone.

I agree somewhat but again i dont. I think this feature is designed to let newbies distinguish know hows from know not's. The bad part if that this polling for popularity will miss the mark somewhat i think. If you need advice from someone you usually have ONE person in mind. On the sidelines though there are those that always give good advice but you miss it because you only care about the one.

I dont much care either way really. It is just something to do when i cant sleep. I am here to help newbies and ask help from the ol pro's. (Especially as i am getting into landscaping) I may not be popular what so ever, but i know that people respect my opinion wheather they agree or not. I aint the most popular and thats ok with me. You also would have to look at some of the "voters" and decide what you are worried about being popular in.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The rating needs to go, I have to admit I find myself wanting to rate threads without much thought. With out the rating system you read a thread that is posted by someone that is obviously a total moron, you type out a flaming reply, read it again, massage it a bit and then send, gives you a chance rethink and refine your thoughts a bit.. Using the rating system, you just click negative, and push the button to send with out regards to anyone feelings and before you get the chance to tone it down a bit.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I dont care for it either, alot of people wouldnt care for my thoughts on stuff because of my choice of mower.I could care less how anyone rates me. If any one would go back and read my comments in previous post you will see that I dont bash the type or brand of mowers. I think you can get a good or a bad mower from any company. In closing , I just try to add to this site and help with ideas and help solve problems but if people get to putting alot of trust in the ''ratings'' I think alot will loose out on good information by passing over post with poor ratings. I dont know if I worded this correct or not, I wish we had the old Lawnsite back

Old 09-08-2004, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogunn
tiedeman--hey man....I clicked to give you some points...kinda like CPR without the rescue breathing....!

and crawdad--what's your point???? lol.

GEO
LMAO I appreciate the points
Old 09-08-2004, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't even know how to look for these reputation points. Do they just appear under your name when you're on lawnsite.com?

I just don't see where it is of any use to have these so-called reputation points. Are they supposed to let me know if guys like Tiedeman, FGA, Camland, Jim Lewis, Tonyr, Lwnmwrman22, etc. are idiots or really know what they are talking about? IMO, once you've been on this site for awhile you know who's helpful and gives good advice, and you know the guys that may waste your time.

By the way, the guys I listed above are all very well respected in my view, among many others. I agree with you Tiedeman, don't see a need for it.

Buck