Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-10-2004, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

not getting email notification...

plsoucy,
I'm not getting the email notification when someone replies to a post I made. I double checked the "user control panel options" and everything checks out.

I am getting email from other sources so my email appears to be working fine. Just thought I'd let you know in case anyone else is having this problem. Thanks!

Buck
Old 09-11-2004, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Try this. Go to User CP then click on Edit email and password. Delete the email address you have put there and then save the changes. Then re-enter the email address and save the changes. You can test it by PMing your self
Old 09-11-2004, 01:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

fixer67,
Well, I tried it but that didn't work either. Oh well, have to wait until Monday when plsoucy gets back in I guess. Thanks for trying to help out.

Buck
Old 09-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Admin / Tech

Is there anybody else who encounters this problem? Also, is the e-mail address that is in your profile the one that was there for all week, or was it added just recently?

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2004, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plsoucy
Is there anybody else who encounters this problem? Also, is the e-mail address that is in your profile the one that was there for all week, or was it added just recently?

Thanks!
It's the one (emaill address) that's always been there. It worked with the upgrade up until yesterday or the day before. I did delete it last night, then re-entered it like fixer67 suggested, but that didn't help. Not sure what the deal is.

Buck
Old 09-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Admin / Tech

It seems that the IP address of the LawnSite server had been added to the SPEWS spam block list, and since your mail server uses SPEWS, it rejected the notifications that LawnSite was sending you.

Our IP is not in the SPEWS database anymore, so I can't tell why it was added - we definitely do not spam - but at least know that you should receive e-mails from us without problem now.

Please let me know if you still have trouble getting thread reply notifications.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plsoucy
It seems that the IP address of the LawnSite server had been added to the SPEWS spam block list, and since your mail server uses SPEWS, it rejected the notifications that LawnSite was sending you.

Our IP is not in the SPEWS database anymore, so I can't tell why it was added - we definitely do not spam - but at least know that you should receive e-mails from us without problem now.

Please let me know if you still have trouble getting thread reply notifications.
plsoucy,
Good to go! Thanks, it works just fine now. Hope Chuck pays you time & a half for working on weekends!!!!

Thanks!

Buck