Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-11-2004, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Fall clean-up ?'s for those of you who work in NH

I am working on a new spread sheet to help me figure my bids for fall clean-ups (gates, sq. ft. of yards, obsticles, and walking distances). The problem I have is what customers are willing to pay for raking and leaf disposal? I have a backpack blower and a hand held blow and vac (both Echo) tarps, truck & trailer(6x12) etc... I've seen posts where some guys out there charge no less than $200.00 per yard. What do you think you could do in an hour with my equipment on a 10,000 sq. ft. lot based on 1 person with average leaf fall? If I could get a figure on how much 1 person could do then I could add my overhead. I've done several searches and nothing comes close to what I need. Any input would be great.

Clayton
Old 09-11-2004, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A lot of people will ask a lot of questions about this, but I would suggest using 3 to 4 guys at each house and it will take 1.5-2 hours at each house. I dont usually do that many 10k sq ft yards, but from ones I did, this is what I have observed. So about 6 man yours per house, maybe up to 8. Remember, by using all your equipment at one house with one guy, the rest isnt making any money. Charge $10-20 per compressed yard of leaves, if you take it away. Hope this helps.