Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-15-2004, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hustler Humboldt Bagger?

Can anyone give pro's and con's of the Hustler triple bagger made by Humboldt? I looked at the web site and it says it weighs 448 pounds empty! I fear some serious rutting in damp fall conditions. Any idea how far it sticks out to the rear of the machine, and how low to the ground it rides. I wonder in trailering if it will be easily damaged? It does not look as easy to switch from bagging to side discharge as the ultravac system? Any thought would be great? $2,000 plus dollars is a pretty big investment for something I would not use all that much.

Thanks fellas.
Jay

Also, any suggestions on other bagger systems compatible with a Super Z would be awsome.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have the factory bagger for mine. I love it. It holds 9 bushels, easy to use, me or my wife can put it on and have it operational in 2-3 minutes, and it only weighs about 150-200 lbs I think can't remember for sure. I believe it cost about 2500.00. Check their web site see if you can get more details.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Humboldt Specialty

The weight you mention is the shipping weight of the entire package, front weights, rear catcher, blower, hose, etc. The blower used on the big three bag catcher is identical to the one used on the Hustler OEM vac-bac so the ease of removal is the same. the Humboldt rear catcher probably has the lowest profile of any catcher on the market today. All in all the Humboldt catcher is a commercial catcher and is built accordingly.