Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-11-2001, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I have an 84 K10 which has what the vin# decodes as Z71 off road susp? In the front I have dual shocks and a five leaf spring pack, which I believe to be all stock, I have never seen this on any other truck of this year and was wondering if maybe it isn't stock, Even the police pkg Blazer we have at work has only a 2 leaf pack and that came with a stock 12 bolt rear and all HD equipment, I want to replace the springs on the truck anyway this spring and get something that is more comfortable with a slight more height to mount a set of 33" tires, I have had 33's on it like it is and they are good on the front but rubbed in the rear tubs slightly and looked a little to big. Anyone have anything lift wise on the small end like 2-3" advertised kits from skyjacker or whatever can you commnent on how high it is, what tire size you run how many leaves in the spring pack??

Thanks

Migs
Old 01-11-2001, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I HAD A 82 SUBURBAN IT CAME FROM FACTORY WITH DUAL FRONT SHOCKS AND HEAVY SPINGS IN FRONT I RAN 33S ON IT THEY SCRUBED A LITTLE SO I JUST TRIMED A LITTLE OFF THE FENDERS BUT IF YOU DONT WANT TO DO THAT I WOULD BUY A 4-INCH LIFT THAT WOULD LET THEM CLEAR YOU CAN BUY ONE OF THIS LIFTS FOR ABOUT 400 THEY EVEN COME WITH NEW FRONT SPRINGS AND SHOCKS
Old 01-11-2001, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Member

i didnt think the Z71 pqackage came out until 88 or 89 ...

i dont think your 84 is a Z71.......

lilbeast