Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-29-2000, 02:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks little green guy i should have demoed it.
Old 05-29-2000, 03:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I personally use exmark hydro 52&quot;. I love it. I have a belt drive too (36&quot; P.O.S) and really dont care for it. It slips alot and i end up pushing it. I LOVE my hydro 52 though. It has climbed and mowed some EXTREMELY steep hills. I am impressed. The down side though is that on the TALL (one foot or taller) grass it leaves two stripes behind. I also notice it lays down alot of grass and i have to double or tripple mow it. On upkept grass though it does a golf course quality job. All of my customers have commented on how much they like it.(vs a 21&quot; that is) I may ask my dealer about the new scag deck though. When i used scag about 8 years ago i hated them. They were mechanical nightmares. They broke almost daily and my mechanic really sucked. maybe he was the problem and not the machine. I dont know. BUT, that is just my OPINION. try em all out if ya have the time though. Most dealers will let you demo if they think you might buy. <br>Have a good day ya'll.
Old 05-30-2000, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I recently purchased a 52&quot; Scag Hydro (17HP Kawi) with the advantage deck. Absolutely LOVE IT! Those extra 4&quot; add up on larger lawns. The advantage deck cuts very well and stripes as well as the &quot;original&quot; deck. Gotta love Scags!