Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-22-2004, 12:52 PM
Sponsor

Leaf Clean up

I'm noticing about 1/2 of the threads are about leaf clean-up. Making container to haul away leaves, buying blowers to blow leaves to the curb or bagging. I have tried all these things in the past 30 years. Now by using the Meg-Mo system and a closure, this will eliminate 95% of catching and/or moving and hauling away the leaves. You don't need the blowers, catchers or haulers. Our system cuts, mulches and destroys the leaves so that you will only have about a 5 gallon bucket of leaves left in the average yard.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I see you posting in every one of these threads about leaves and such and I was wondering if i buy your product, put it on my mower and mow some leaves with it and if i don't like it do i get to return the product? Because you preach that they're so good I'd like to see for my self.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

there should be a major concern as well about the amount of thatch you are adding to a yard that way and if part of the grass is covered, could lead to mold and dead spots in the lawn
Old 09-22-2004, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Member

If your results are true I would buy then in a second. Has anyone seen or had results like the ones Mega Mo are claiming?????????
Old 09-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2006
I see you posting in every one of these threads about leaves and such and I was wondering if i buy your product, put it on my mower and mow some leaves with it and if i don't like it do i get to return the product? Because you preach that they're so good I'd like to see for my self.
We do not expect you to keep our product if you do not like it. We refund the full amount of the blades, but we do not refund the shipping. We do charge a 20% restocking fee if you do not call us if you have a problem to let us trouble shoot.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Sponsor

dead patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman1
there should be a major concern as well about the amount of thatch you are adding to a yard that way and if part of the grass is covered, could lead to mold and dead spots in the lawn
Thatch in the largest percentage of the cases is not caused by mulched leaves or grass clippings. Thatch is cause by the root system of the grass. That's why core aerification should be done every two to three years.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsy71
If your results are true I would buy then in a second. Has anyone seen or had results like the ones Mega Mo are claiming?????????

Yes, I had excellent results last year mulching leaves with Meg Mo blades. I did more leaf clean-ups last year than in previous years and I only bagged a handful of lawns and that was on the final leaf clean-up only, for those properties. Even if you bag all the leaves and not mulch, you still can benefit from Meg Mo blades, cause you can get more in the bagger after they are shredded. I use the Meg Mo blades year round but Fall is where they really shine.

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 09-22-2004, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay Meg-Mo you got me interested.

I have a 2003 Hustler Super Mini Z 52" which has 3 spindles and has the Quickchute to close off the opening.

1. How much for the blades for my setup? How much is for shipping to Kansas City Mo. area?
2. Then how long do I have to return them if they don't work with the leaves like I think they should?
3. Do they chop up Oak leaves very good?
4. Do they work good on heavy bluegrass/ light fescue during the mowing season?

Oh yea, can I get 15% off if I send you my business card since I am not going to the show.

Bill

Last edited by DLS1; 09-22-2004 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:53 PM
Sponsor

Min Z

The blades for your mower are $179.85 plus $15.00 for shipping. The MEG MO will cut all types of leaves. You have 30 days for the 100%. The blades do very go any type of grass. Sorry the sec. has gone home as we are leaving for EXPO in about 1 hr.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCS
Yes, I had excellent results last year mulching leaves with Meg Mo blades. I did more leaf clean-ups last year than in previous years and I only bagged a handful of lawns and that was on the final leaf clean-up only, for those properties. Even if you bag all the leaves and not mulch, you still can benefit from Meg Mo blades, cause you can get more in the bagger after they are shredded. I use the Meg Mo blades year round but Fall is where they really shine.
I'd like to add to this. Not only do they chop and rechop you have virtually no deck blow out. If you use them with an ocdc you can go over the leaves like you are mulching, then a flip of the leaver you can bag the rest. You will leave with a lot less. Last year a friend was amazed at how the blades worked on WET LEAVES, His grass hopper just mushed them. I have already ordered my set for my new mower and i ordered roys new ocdc.

Have a happy leaf season
John