Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-04-2004, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

help on pricing

hello all, i am not new to lawncare, but new to pricing jobs...today we had to mow a big yard that was mostly weed 3 foot high. we used two standers (52" and 48") , and two 36" w/b bobcats. it took us around 5 hours to finish it, i am not an expert in yard sizes, but it was as big as a football field, ups downs and lots of rocks, we were lucky we didn't brake any spindles, but i am not sure what to tell the the owner, i don't wanna ask for a very high price, cause he has three big houses that i might take care of next year. thanks for the feed back.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

charge him like you charge any one else.. dont put all your eggs in on basket good luck.. pick a per hour u r happy with and go from there.. thats wut i would do.. good luck
Old 10-04-2004, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

First we need to know how many people were mowing. Your post says that you used 4 mowers. Does that mean there were 4 people working for 5 hours? If it does then you have a total of 20 hours of time invested in the job. If that is the case, then all you need to do is multiply the hours worked by the your hourly charge for clean-up work. If you want to give the property owner a discount in an effort to land more work from him, I would cut 10-15% off the bill. Don't discount the bill too much or the guy will think you're desperate for work and try to beat you down on pricing for the other jobs. Be competitive in your pricing, but don't work for nothing.