Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-06-2004, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Difference in Strength

Hello,

I am curious if the strength of the Bagger has gotten better over the years. I have a bagger that is about 5 years old maybe a little older. Long story short. I hit a water shut off and it put dent in the bagger and peeled the mesh bag. It seems like a lot of folks on here are using them. I still have the one but I also am using a grassgobbler too. I rig the one that I have with a piece of plywood in the bottom and bolts through it.

Thanks,

JP
Old 10-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Sponsor

JP,
Every year we do a small upgrade on our baggers. If you go back 5 years, the catchers are substantially different than they are now. If you check out a 2004 model catcher, you will notice a few obvious differences with a 1999 model. We have added gussets to several weak areas on the bagger (on the bottom and around the "rings" that hold the door on the back, and inside the rear door). Also, the welding is more advanced. The perforated aluminum is a higher quaility than what we were using 5 years ago and is welded in more firmly. The mounting has also been improved and is more rigid than before (preventing the bagger from sagging). Also, the bagger has a slight upward bend from front to back that helps keep the rear off the ground a bit better. The front panel is welded from the outside now (looks worse but makes a stronger bag). We have also added inside welding to sections of the bottom panel between the strip welds on the outside at the opening, making it almost impossible to tear the mesh at the bag opening. I am sure that after another 5 years have gone by, we will have come up with more improvements. Hopefully people have a good experience with our product. If you do have a problem, we will do our best to help out.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410
Old 10-09-2004, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Peter,

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely check these out again. It sounds like the bagger is better designed than the one that I have.

JP